Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Another Post Help

Kevin Goddard

First off, I am post editing retarded. With that said, I am trying to teach myself to modify post as we are not on maintenance and will probably not update to X right away so I need to be a little more self sufficient. Our current post lacks a lot to be desired as they are V8 post and do not support a lot of stuff we should have been using years ago. I am trying to modify the MPMaster for Haas verticals. Mill level 3 V9.0 sp1. On to the first of many questions. Is it possible to output the tool diameter offset (Dxx) only once on the G43 line of an operation instead of on every cutter comp line (G02G03)? BTW, I cannot access the FTP at work due to firewall. Thanks in advance….Kevin

Just wondering why you need to get rid of the D callout? If it is a file size issue I'm not sure if it is worth getting rid of a D callout to save space. Yes it is redundant but it is there for safely. You might want to lose the line numbers and spaces to shrink the file size.

This will give you just one offsett number to change and will also imput a new offset number if you choose in another operation;

code:

pccdia          #Cutter Compensation

#Force Dxx#

# if prv_cc_pos <> cc_pos & cc_pos, prv_tloffno = c9k #<<<<<<<<<< add the # sign at the beginning of this line

sccomp

if cc_pos, tloffno

This isn't exactly what you're asking for, but is much safer IMHO.

OK,

I've just tried the dia offset in the G43 line and it seems to work nicely. You still need to put the # sign in front of the line in pccdia as shown in the previous posting, but need to change in ptlchg_com;

code:

pstock

pindex

sav_absinc = absinc

if wcstype > one, absinc = zero

if lock_codes = 1 & not(index) & rot_on_x, pbld, n, *sunlock, "(UNLOCK)", e

pcan1, pbld, n, *sgcode, *sgabsinc, pwcs, pfxout, pfyout,

pfcout, *speed, *spindle, pgear, strcantext, e

if lock_codes = 1 & not(index) & rot_on_x & cuttype = 0, pbld, n, *slock, "(LOCK)", e

pbld, n, "G43", *tlngno, *tloffno, pfzout, scoolant, next_tool, e #<<<<<<<<<<<<< change this line

sav_coolant = coolant

if coolant = 1, sm09 = sm09_0

if coolant = 2, sm09 = sm09_1

if coolant = 3, sm09 = sm09_2

If you do make a dia offset change in a different operation then the new offset number will just be where it is now.

HTH