Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surface Rough Parallel

Travis_Buchanan

I love this tool path except for one thing. It cuts a lot of air. On the very 1st pass it cuts everything inside the boundary. After the 1st pass everything works as it should. I have been working around this for years by using surface finish parallel and copying the op then changing stock to leave on drive surfs. Am I overlooking something? Why doesn't depth cuts work in Surf Rough Par like they do in Surf Fin Par? I have also experimented with surface rough pocket, but I get plunge cuts sometimes where I dont want them. I generaly program orgin at center, center, top and I see no need to cut anything above Z0.1250. Help.

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Well thanks to my buddy Gcode I found a way around the air. Look at surface/rough/project. The thing here is you need to create the lines for the distance between each cut but talk about a sweet toolpath I mean it rocks. Will do everything you could want and more. You want feature left just create your center line around the feature and they are there done. It cruches longer but the wasted moves and toolpaths just are about a good as you could very want. Thanks to Gcode I got a great new tool for my toolbox.

HTH

Oops, After verifying the toolpaths I see that all my retracts were trimmed as well. That ain't going to work. Back to the drawing board.

Ron, I have also in the past did a surface rough parallel, backplot with save as geometery on, delete all air cuts. Then toolpath contour the backplotted lines, that is a workaround as well. I just hate having to create extra geometery for a toolpath. Surface Rough Parallel needs to be fixed maybe in X.

Ok I put the file up on the ftp in the MC9 folder. S_R_P.mc9 The 1st op is the culprit. Ops 2,3,& 4 have been my solution to the problem for years. Jimmy I am using the cut depths, but they don't work the same as cut depths in surface finish parallel. Be sure to check all my parameter settings in srp & sfp. Notice the differance?