Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc 0-M auto measure

jeff

Our Fanuc let's us auto measure by holding EOB and hitting Z,then input.

The problem is that it uses the Relative position as its point of reference,and if the Z value isn't the same as the Z Machine value,the wrong # will be input.

On the offset page,the relative position is up.

My question is....

Is there a parameter that will allow me to have the MACHINE position show in the offset page?

If I remember correctly as you page thru your position pages when you get to the machine position page, leave it and go to your offset page. I think this will give you the readout you are for which you are looking.

Jeff,

I'm sorry I can't help you, because I'm dumb when it comes to offsets etc.

Could you tell me how to re-set things like Relative Position to "0"

Program and total time counts etc.

Thanks in Advance

Jeff

I seem to remember something about this, please go to your parameter manual and go to parameters related to tool offset this is a parameter that discusses tool length offset values.

Lee

I dont know if you have the small or full size keypad. From the relative position screen press the X or Y or Z then press CAN theis will clear the relative value.

As far as the part counter press P then CAN for run time press R then CAN.

rgds

George

I have a macro that I use, when I set my tools I call up this program. Touch the tool off to a 2" block on the table and then press cycle start and it will add 2" (as per the value I specified in a variable) and input this machine position value in the offset. Email me if you'd like a copy of it.

I have two fanuc 0-M controls that I use this on.

• 2 weeks later...

I was operating this Fanuc O-M cnc mill m/c (Feeler) came across this Auto measure TLM.When set my tool mat(Alu), using endmill mill of little bits set the relative Z to "o". When wanted to set the auto measure it link to the relative & was not tally with the M/C "Z" reading. Quite dangerous it will lead to tool crashed.Previously company using Mori seiki ,when you want set the TLM is in another page not offset page & M/C Z reading will not link to the relative Z reading.Don need to worry so much as long morning start m/c do a home return X,Y, Z. That all.But now using this Fanuc O-M M/c , home return must make sure Relative & M/C Z reading must be O. Kind of weird.