Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC crash after verify

ToolMan184

Are you running an ATI video Card?

I have this problem in mill occasionally. It seems to be directly related to an ATI video card.

I have found that if I go back to the top view after running the verify that it minimizes how often this happens. It does not stop it completely though.

Here is the kicker. If I go to verify through the operations manager, it will verify the part and MC will crash. If I do a verify through NC Utilities / Verify... it will not verify. banghead.gif

This thing is driving me crazy. Everything in the Mill side works good, its just in the Wire side that it dont. Thats what dont make any since to me.

ToolMan184,

These "crashes" can usually be traced to a video problem with the hardware. I just finished speaking with a client of ours about this same issue where the Verify would work but then Mcam shut down after he Verified the toolpath. Turns out the computer he is using doesn't even have a dedicated video card. The video output is very important for Mcam. Having a dedicated video card with mature OpenGL drivers will eliminate the majority of technical problems in using the software to its fullest potential. Perform a search from the link above and list "video card" as a keyword. I'm sure you will find dozens of topics that refer to video issues and solutions to your problem. HTH cheers.gif

I had parts that would crash in mill just trying to xform/translate them, then I opened them in lathe and it worked fine. My tech support guy at In-House determined it was a configuration issue. I started with a fresh mill9.cfg then all my problems went away (except for a couple graphics issues).

I had an occasional crash from verify, and he suggested deleting the verify.prm file located in the mcam9/mill/ops directory. I haven't tried it yet though.