Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DNC MAX

ktd

We are a fairly small shop with 3 cnc mills 2 cnc lathes and a wire edm. We are using the basic cimco that comes with mastercam to send/recieve our programs. The problem that we are running into is if we are drip feeding one machine we cannot send programs to the other machines. My question is is Dnc Max the answer to my problems? Also could someone explane the remote request feature and will it work with any control?

Dnc max will do it.

I think the basic license is for 4 machines,costing a little bit more for more ports.

The remote request allows you to call and send back your programs right from the control.

Some systems are also wireless.

I am not sure of all the machine controllers that it does support.

Others here may know better. wink.gif

Yes DNC Max is your answer.

If you can type in letters and #'s with parentheses ( ) You can remote request. I'm 95% sure of that.

biggrin.gif

What you would do is type in something like: LOAD (c:documentsprogramname.nc)

wait a few seconds for the pc to get the program ready and then at the control you would read a program like you normally do.

pretty simple,but you have to make sure that the file path for the program is exact or it wont work.

DNCMax is the cat's a$$. We've had it for about 10 months now and it works better than we ever thought it would. You could also use a dedicated cheap PC with another CimcoEdit license as what stated above if, for example, you only drip to one machine and need to load to other machines while its running

C

ktd,

Go to this website Cimco Integration to download a 30-day trial version of the latest DNC software they have to offer. They can also inform you who your local distributor is. DNC Max is capable of communication for up to 256 machines at the same time. The software will recognize multiple types of connections such as I/O ports, network, RS-232 links, USB interface devices, etc... Wireless communications with high reliability is another option. The software bundled with high quality hardware truly makes DNC fast, easy and unbeatable. You can't go wrong with Cimco. HTH cheers.gif

Chris,

quote:

DNCMax is the cat's a$$.

As a representative of a distributor for the software, I take offense at your crude statement. While I appreciate your enthusiasm and praise for a phenomenal product, I can't help but wonder what the developer would think upon seeing their fine software equated to the excrement producing posterior region on a feline. J/K biggrin.gifcheers.gifbiggrin.gif Only you could make that statement actually sound good. biggrin.gif

• 3 months later...

Our shop is using Mastercam 9.1 with the Cimco editor on our newer machines. We have a few older Mazak M-32's that we would like to run with Mastercam but the memory is not there to download the 3-d operations. Is drip feeding these machines an option? Can we drip feed with the Cimco 4.32 that we currently use?

This is for Ron, check out the drama I am getting with all DNC programs DNC CIMCO MC9 posted by Vamvany elswhere on this forum.

I am about to try WIN 98 hopefully tomorrow.

What I will say is that CIMCO have been fantastic in trying to help, and DNC max would be awesome if I could get it to work, as it has a very good backplot feature which works almost instantaneously, so if in doubt when calling up an old program, you can run the backplot screen ( about 100 times faster than the MC backplot) and hve a good look at the result before sending it to the CNC.

It also has a heap of other great features and I would buy it no matter what the price, if I could get it to work for me.

good luck

chris f