Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 axis verify

Bruce Caulley

quote:

My only suspicion is that it will be redundant in X.

L3 V9 maintenance users will get grandfathered into X 5axis. If they have solids verify it will grandfather also.

New X customers will have to buy 5X as an additional module and solids verify will be included. Solids verify will no longer be an option.

I just bought the solids addon for my SIM and

it is very nice in X. I think that it will be even nicer as X matures. My personal opinion is that the solids addon will be essential a year or so down the road so I got it while it was half price.

If you plan on doing 5X stuff in X, its well worth the money.

G,

Most of our work is 5 axis. A lot of what is coming in is going to be simultaneous so I thought it might be a good ides.

If MC solids is moving to a proper parametric system then I would be all for it as well. It might delay or stop our future switch from MC and Delcam to catia.

Bruce

quote:

is the solids now Parametric

No it is the same as V9. There's a new interface,

some new features and a new solids manger, but

its not like SolidWorks.

The new Verify is nice. The graphics are outstanding and I haven't seen any of the watertight STL issues we have in V9.

It still runs on the NCI file so it won't catch

posting errors. I still run all my 4 and 5X stuff through gcode verification before it goes to the machine.

Both Backplot and Verify are much better at catching toolplane errors than V9 was.

As I said earlier, I felt the new Verify was good enough to upgrade to the solids module.

As we move into X2 next year, I believe the solids module will be even more useful.

Greg,

Don't watch the pallets, your hair will end up standing on end biggrin.gif

We are looking at catia, mainly because our customers will probably expect us to have it in the near future. We have a design seat that we use to translate customer models and do the quoting but they would be happier if it was designed, machined and inspected with their native files. rolleyes.gif

Bruce

May I reiterate?

Any V9 option available now at half price that will see it's funtionality blossom in X should be made available at a discount when (ever) X appears. (like it essentially has for our good pal Gcode now)

Maintanance, offered as a buy now get X free later, has left an icky taste for many. Don't do that or anything remotely similar again.

If X has features that will make a V9 option shine, then it's really an X option not a V9 option. Offer the deal when X is reality.