Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cursor black

Turnanburn

I have two suggestions.

1. Download and install the latest driver for your GeForce card.

2. It may sound crazy, but try to install the latest version of DirectX.

Performing one or both have proven successful in the past.

[EDIT]

Installing Win2k automatically installs DirectX 8, so that may be why installing Win2k resolves the problem.

[/EDIT]

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: craebild ]

I was thinking the same thing about directX and did load version 8.0, then uninstalled Mcam and reinstalled it and still have the cursor problem. Could there be some problem with Opengl? From there web site I found a driver utility prog. that I installed and it said Opengl had no driver for my video device but the shadeing seems fine. I don't get it.

For what its worth in video cards, here is what works for mastercam as I have found so far.

1)G-force cards work great EXCEPT THE MX VERSION !!

The mx does not support all the opengl routines as the others do.

2) Oxygen cards work great. These are the best. Upper end cad systems use them big time because they support opengl completly.

3)Matrox Millenium g450 or better. Older cards in this family are only 2d

I just installed a pci version of this card,and found it smooth and clean. Verify in mc8 has no problem. Win 98 SE

4) ATI---- Trash can it

5) voodoo cards--- Game card only.

If you just happen to have one or replaced

it with a different card, here is a tip.

Make sure after uninstalling a voodoo card you ck the registry for "voodoo " refrenceces

This one likes to hang around , meaning a uninstall doesnt always get rid of it all.

This can affect the next video card install.

I'd advise if you do not know how to work with the registery, find a good tech who can.

Just my 2 cents

Finecut

Hey guys-

This "disappearing cursor" thing has come up so many times now- doesn't anyone have enough pull to get someone at CNC who knows the problem together with someone at NVIDIA who can solve this evidently common problem?

I'm about ready to buy a "MX" so I can figure it out myself. One post mentioned loading an older driver- does anyone have an original disk from the original MX or something? Lots of brains on this forum, I'm sure someone knows someone that knows someone that has a solid solution?

Jim

The point at which Mastercam uses DirectX (soon, according to the grapevine) as a graphics library, will be the time when our video card woes subside.

And Finecut is right, the MX GeForce2's do the odd funky thing with Mastercam. They're very good cards for the buck and seem to be fine on Win2k, but they are a lite version of the GeForce2. As the old saying goes, "you get what you pay for".

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I'm going to tell this forum something and I hope it doesn't upset anybody.

Most of the gamer card people could give a %()#*@!# about our puny little CAD/CAM market! Face it we(CAD/CAM Professionals) account for a mere single digit in the scheme of things. Few card mfr's have made it their mission to cater to CAD/CAM/CAE Applications. Matrox and Creative Labs to name a couple. In a nutshell, if gamers rave about it(the card) it usually will not be what we need in a card.

S3 for years put out cards that they knew had a bug and did nothing.

JM2c

[ 09-27-2001: Message edited by: James Meyette ]