Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X Autosave does not work the same as V9

J Coulston

Warning:

In V9 ALT-A would save the file when you closed the autosave dialog box.

In X ALT-A is only used to set the time interval between saves. Autosave will save when the time interval is reached but not if you open the dialog box and then close it.

In V9 I relied on the autosave dialog box to save at critical points. I remapped my ALT-S to save active document.

When I choose Create Line Parallel in X I can't find the side/dist option V9 has. Can only create parallel line thru a point. So if I have a diagonal line and want a parallel line a specific distance from it, I'll use offset as Jay says. Perhaps offset merely replaced side/dist in X, since both functions have the same effect.

How do I do a Screen/NextMenu/Plot in X?

Also, Modify/Break/AtLength in X?

I'm ok now I think. My ribbon bar was hidden and didn't show up when I used a function. I grabbed it and moved and now can see it again.

[ 08-08-2005, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: R.O.Y._23 ]

quote:

In X ALT-A is only used to set the time interval between saves. Autosave will save when the time interval is reached but not if you open the dialog box and then close it.

That means the bug in autosave is fixed? When I open autosave to disable it, it saved when I close it, after I said I don't want to use it... :/

Jeff,

In V9 I use both the hardcopy and plot functions. Plot prints it to exact size, which is particularily important to me when drawing profiles of our extrusion dies. I can compare them and modify if needed. Guess I'll do some tests tomorrow at work when I install MillX - no work today, we had a power outage. I run a design seat at home also [but no printer].

Choose create line parallel select the line then click your mouse on the side you want. on the tool bar line just above the graphics you can input the offset amount. Also next to that you will see a blue and red arrows that will let toggle between sides, you can do this while the entity is still live.

FYI You do not need to pick create line parallel then select side and distance or select point or Arc like you do in V9. All three choices are done in one command in X.

Thank you Rob! I'm designing a spoiler now in X and moving along pretty good. I'm starting to really like X!

Well Jeff, I hid mine somehow! I was wondering why I didn't have many options during a function! LOL Somehow by undocking and moving toolbars the ribbon bar was I believe underneath another toolbar. At least that's my guess. I moved some bars and got it to show again. Or maybe I'm wrong and there was some other reason.

I looked in the X Getting Started Guide and placed everything exactly as it showed on page 10 - The Mastercam Workspace. I needed to do this after I changed my screen res to 1280x1024 for my 19" screen as James recommended.

quote:

That means the bug in autosave is fixed? When I open autosave to disable it, it saved when I close it, after I said I don't want to use it... :/

One persons bug is anothers feature. I was burnt this morning. I thought I was saving the file with AltA, then X crashed and I lost a buch of ops.

Just giving a heads up.

Jay:

The only quite time i my house is at 5:00 am. I've been getting up early for the last few months and reading/studying the book. It is very well done. No substation for doing it all day every day but it is a great starting point.

Also, I only fell asleep a few times.

R.O.Y._23,

Jeff Kemper is correct with this statement:

quote:

Screen/NextMenu/Plot

I think that, like most windows programs, would be under File/Print/...,

There is a "documentation" folder in the McamX root installation directory. In this document folder are several good .pdf files which contain some valuable information to help with the transition from V9 to X. One of the pdf files in this folder is named V92XFunctions. This is a map of all the old menus and where the same functions are located in X. Some functions have been eliminated. HTH cheers.gif

• 5 weeks later...