Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Undo dissapears in MCX

?Mark

Brain fart or?

I can't create arc tangent to 3 entities and my undo button is not working while using create arcs function???

Undo button is there but is blanked as if there is nothing to undo.

I hope I make sense biggrin.gif

Also it seems that selecting entities is a hit and miss while trying to create those arcs.

I was able to do just that this morning with no problems headscratch.gif

What gives?

Mark

Makes sense! Happens to me, too. It seems the undo/redo functions gets disabled and that's it. Can't undo or redo anything after that. And not just create arc tangent 3 entities, either.

Mark, active Create Arc 3 Points command, click the tangent button in ribbonbar and it will prompt you to select entity. If you want a point thru one selection, click on tangent button again and it prompts you to select a point.

Mark,

The undo/redo buttons will gray out when you have a live entity (cyan colored entity)displayed. For example start creating an arc 3 points and undo should be available until the entity is place with the 3rd point and becomes live. Once the entity is live, the undo is grayed out. Start to create another arc and the undo will become available again.

Anytime there is a live entity the focus in on this entity until you start to create another entity, select another function or select the apply button

Jim Evans,

I'm not quite familiar yet with X, but I believe Mark and myself may be right about this and maybe a bug...again, I could very well be wrong. I know and have observed that undo is greyed out when an entity is live, but sometimes when there are no live entities undo/redo is still greyed out. I've tried everything but still no undo/redo. Maybe I'm missing something but, again, Mark and I are both having that same trouble. My design seat at home and mill seat at work are both doing this.

quote:

The undo/redo buttons will gray out when you have a live entity

Yes, but I also noticed what Dan is experiencing on certain occasions (only with undo).

I'll try to narrow it down a little and post back the results, but I could be wrong (it happened before wink.gif ) .

quote:

When I was you age, we did this stuff with chalky rocks on the walls of caves!

LOL

cheers.gif

Mark

Jim Evans,

Just just finished a drawing where I had to add a dozen or so arc's tangent to 3 entities and after accepting a selections and esc from this function so there is no selected or live entities the undo/redo buttons are greyed out.

Here is a picture of a little a/v cover I'm doing for my boss wink.gif

0.jpg

Mark

Mark,

I notice there is an active prompt in your screen shot... what does it say? is there any chance youve entered another function that would keep undo/redo from being active? I just created quite a few tangent @ 3 point arcs and had no problem undoing them.

Good idea, Jim. I'll try when I get home. I'll take notes of each step I take to see when and where undo becomes inactive.

At work running MC9 all day as I got some rush designs to spit out and am not familiar enough with X yet. When I'm not pressed for time at work I run X, otherwise it's MC9. Hopefully not for too much longer! Been practicing at home quite a bit.

Jim and Kt erman,

Just repeated this several times and got blanked undo/redo bottons every time.

Here is what I did:

Create arc tangent 3 entities, pick 3 entities, hit escape few times = new entities are there but I get blank undo/redo

I know we are supposed to hit apply to fix entity, but I'm a big fan of esc botton biggrin.gif

So I guess it's not a bug but me rolleyes.gif

Mark

quote:

So I guess it's not a bug but me

Not sure about that. I know what you're saying. I did that here just now, created arc tangent 3 entities and hit OK. Undo fine. Did it again but hit esp instead of ok and again, undo is fine. What I'm getting at is this occurs intermittently. If memory serves me, undo has blanked out doing it either way. In fact, I don't use esp as much as you say you do. I hit the green check [ok] when finishing a command and still had the undo problem. Also, it has occured doing a different creation other than TAN 3 PTS.

Dan,

I got it!

It will ONLY happen if we try to do something we shouldn't do banghead.gif

Say you create geo and everything looks good.

Now try something (hate to say it) stupid, like create, arc, tangent, 3 entities and pick say 3 parallel entities.

After the last step undo/redo stays greyed out untill you restart MCX flame.gif

Obviously when i tried doing it before somehow I picked entities that could not be connected in any way so MCX went crazy...(my lazy butt didn't have time to zoom in...)

It shouldn't do it so it is a little bug...

cheers.gif

Kind regards, Mark

Mark and R.O.Y._23,

quote:

hit escape few times

Let me guess. You learned Mcam waaaaaay back when hitting ESC key was the only way to back out of a design function. biggrin.gif Even when I do it by hitting the ESC key, it works just as Jim Evans describes it. Did you have any issues during the installation? Was any virus scan software enabled? Just trying to help nail it down. HTH cheers.gif

Just read your last reply Mark. "D'OH!!!" biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif