Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I cant send to machine...

Kelly Burns

The questions just keep coming... biggrin.gif

Same problem here.

Also in Cimco I had separate com settings for each machine (pick a file, pick a machine, send).

Is there similar setup in X editor or is it using settings exclusively from control definition?

Kind regards, Mark

There are many machine configs available. You can select and edit a machine config by going to communications configure option in the editor. opena machine XML and can configure the XMLS accordingly.

Now when you go to communications you can "Send File", Send or Recevie and select the machine XML (congifuration) from the drop down and then send.

Make sure you check your machine configuration settings so they are approriately set for your machine. To DNC, make sure your timeout is set to 0.

There is also a Hlpe section for communicaitons that you can get to from the main editor help dialog.

Greg, we tried to set it to zero, but it was already there.

We've found that the RAW communications console in X ( like the old days before operations manager.) and the one that is in the toolbar in Operations Manager are not linked together by the config. settings. The only way we can get a file sent to the machines ( Fadal 88HS ) is to send them VIA the raw console, but the settings ( IE- baud, stop bits , etc. ) cannot be locked in with the config. They revert back to the default after we restart x, so we have to send the file with that, and change the settings each time we start x. It's bee a pita trying to get it to communicate through the new operations manager. I'd suspect that would be a tiny bug, but at least we can communicate now. The comunications in the O.M simply does'nt work for us. frown.gif What are we missing? Any Ideas?

Thanks

BTW( I work at the same shop as Rtwhiting in this post)

We found a better way for us for now, but confirmed a bug with CNC software today. We just loaded a custom toolbar for the tride but true "file /communications" option. If you right click on a toolbar, then click custom, select the "file" category, then File comm. is the third from the right. Drag it to your toolbar area ( or wherever you want it ). In Operations, we dissabled the send to machine option so it does'nt fault the machine out when we post. It's like using ver. 6 to send a file, but it works. We send to the machines sometime literaly 100's of times a day, so this was just an easier option. The editor option did'nt work also, because it does'nt seperate the line's from the end of the program line, so we got garbbledy gook. I can;t wait for the first service pack so I can start using it regularly...back to 9 for now. frown.gif

oops, The one problem with this is the toolbar'd File/comm. goes back to default each time you start "x".