Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam vs Aplicon

oldday

I am new in here , I am a student in college

learning Autocad for now ,I am very interesting learning Cad/Cam and looking for a job .

First I saw they put the Ad. on newspaper

sometime Mastercam experience , sometime Aplicon experience , I like to know what is

Aplicon ? been lookimg for website for

Aplicon to read and understand but can't find

it. I came here to read in this forums , I realy like it.

Anyone in here can explain for me , please .

Thanks in advance.

I was going to post that link but I wasn't sure if it was "cool" or not with management, being this is a MASTERCAM forum. Looks like applicon has been around for years and I can't find a bad article on it yet. I'm taking a good educated guess that since unigraphic$ ha$ bought it the price ha$ ju$t gone beyond a normal budget.

Jims humble opinion

Applicon is a CAD/CAM software that initially work in a UNIX/VMS platform OS and just recently had migrated towards Windows.

CompactII language can somewhat be compared to a cutter location (CL) file and afterwards be posted out to G-Code format for machine controls.

Applicon had a number of software products, one being the Bravo CAD product.

It is certainly not a mainstream software as Mastercam or some other competitive products but was there back in the beginning.

Never heard any bad things about the product other than it was on a non-Windows based OS for so long.

I actually had to teach CompactII a while back. mad.gif

Luc

Compact II 'ws' a language driven system, but unlike APT, didn't produce a cl file. The g-code was generated directly from the imputed text program.

I learned programming using Compact II back in 1978 - when we were hooked up to main frames over in Newport Beach via the phone line! Ah, the old days.....

Kathy

Luc - how long ago did you teach Compact II? Where?

Kathy,

I tought CompactII back in ... lets see ... was that really 1988, hum I guess so! This software was THE software for CAM teached at Sherbrooke College here in Quebec. since then, I introduced Mastercam since 1995-1996. As of 1999, I'm now a Mastercam reseller, so I guess I liked the product alot!

Luc

I have been busy for home work to ready take

a Final test.

Thanks for your guy to explain very clear

That's mean Aplicon is gone from 1999 to now

But why a lot of Big Company they still using that?

how do they still looking for people have experience to work on Aplicon?

someone like me don't know anything?

I think better learn Mastercam.