Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post altering...

In my X post for my machine, how do I change the post to get rid of all the senseless crap, like tool lengths in the comment lines, and the A axis return at the end of each tool. Both very annoying...

quote:

Millingman if you have never done any post altering be sure to make a copy of your post.

Or get some help.

Heck, even if you get some help, be sure to make a copy of your post.

It's a good move

36_1_11.gif

Milling man

There is a v9 post mp_strpst on the ftp under posts. It has only a minimum of postblocks and min of output. I use it for writing custom posts, but could be used for what you want.

Sometimes less is more. On my big CNC router, since it is more of a hobby machine, I right very basic gcode progs and move the machine out to were I want to be part zero and hit the start button.

For the smaller machine more is better. Everything needed is in the post to allow for post n run with no manual input or movements on the machine.

It boils down to:

put the work into the post one time OR...

put the work into setup everytime.

jm2c