Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

arc output

deckerc

I'm posting code for my second time using X. I have a surfacing toolpath with the filter on. My code is coming out like so..

G2 Y-7.611 Z-14.165 R8.837

Y-6.117 Z-12.317 J0. K0.

Y-4.158 Z-10.917 J0. K0.

Y6.117 Z-12.317 R8.92

Y7.611 Z-14.165 J0. K0.

my machine alarms out at this point. the alarm has to do with I's, J's and K's. It is a fanuc control. How can I get the post to stop outputting I's J's and K's?? Tried looking in the post and in the control def. Think I looked too hard and confused myself..... headscratch.gif

I haven't received the email yet, but while it is working it's way through the system, check the control definition settings for arc output. The new Generic posts allow for seperate arc control for each plane (ie. XY, XZ and YZ). Make sure you don't have one set to Radius, and the others set to Absolute (which the Fanuc will not read. You need to use "Delta start to center" for IJK output on a Fanuc). The post will force IJK output if a helix arc is detected (even if you have it set to output R's), which is exactly what happened in V9.

Pual,

I sent the e-mail

I have since changed the control def to output only I's J's and K's and then switched to a parrellel tool path. thought everything was good until my tool and holder buried itself in the part. Thank god it was only aluminum.

time for a beer or 6....

Thanks for looking

Corby

Actually, I ran into that same problem last week. Had all the arc planes set to radius and got 0's in the I's, J's, K's on a helix. I switched the arc planes for XZ and YZ to ST/CTR and it was fine. Funny part is I just went back to that file and switched them all back to radius and it posts out fine now. confused.gif

if you look down in your postblock "parc" arcoutput$ is being changed according to what plane your in. You can take a look at mpfan's parc and fix your post, but someone went through quite a bit of trouble to set up the plane thing in post for some reason. make a copy of post before changing and let us know how its going.

smile.gif

Don't bother looking at the post, the issue is with the change in the way MP handles arc output based upon the control definition setting. If you have CD set to output radius values, the I,J and K values are not output. I'm working on a modification to the post to handle changing the arctype$, arctypxz$ and arctypeyz$ values when helix arcs are encountered (which is where the problem lies in your file - the filter is creating helix arc motion in the YZ plane). You will encounter the same issue in any MPFAN based post due to the logic that is forcing IJK output when a helix arc is encountered. I'll post again when we decide upon the best solution. For now, if you are running the new Generic post, set the XZ and YZ arc output to be Delta start to center so you get good output. If you are running an updated post based upon MPFAN, the linkplnvar$ variable is initialized so the XY plane control is the only one effecting output - I would suggest setting it to Delta start to center.

Paul,

I tried what you suggested. I also switched it to a parrellel toolpath. About 250 lines into the program it tried to wrap around the bottom of my part. I have break arcs on quadrants. The tool tried to go 37.5mm (1.5inch) thru my part. Like I said it looks like it's trying to wrap around the bottom side. I can't see this anywhere in backplot or verify. I'm guessing the simple solution for now is to not run the filter?

Corby (AKA Deckerc)

For anyone interested in my solution to this.

I ended up modifying my post in parc section so there is no i, j , or k output only radii.

My control def is set to put out Radius only and now my post doesn't give it a choice either. I test ran my part using Flowline and Parrelel and all looks good.

thanks for the help guys!

Corby

Big Ben says What's a sophmore jinx????