Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WANTED: MASTERCAM TRAINER/TECH SUPPORT

Chris Kozell

You guys are funny! Mike is still here. To help better support all of you, ShopWare needs to free up time for Mike and myself so we need to get another person in here. I need someone who is looking for a long term commitment. Even if you are not a power user, we can train you!!!! You just need to be aggressive, want to learn, and take pride in what you do. PLEASE let me know if you are that person! smile.gif

Chris,

Hey Chris why hire somebody when you can contract some of or all of the training and tech-support through College of Lake County, I will get you The business and educational division contact name and you can work through them. I would great to work with you and Mike again.p.s. I don't need my old office, I have a band new one at the school with the very highest tech classroom.

Steve

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Chris and Mike, I've found through the years that 99.9% of the people out there are too nervous for this type of position. There are those of us that relish that type of position biggrin.gif Few people have the guts or balls to be on the hook and get up in front of a class or to answer a phone and tell someone "... this is how you do this...". It's why skills by and large are in decline.

No guts, no glory!

James teh callin' 'em out!

Hey thanks James. You get use to it. It can be difficult at times but it’s really good when you prevail and help people out. I was a moldmaker for 10 years before I started working for ShopWare and I love do this. I don’t have the up and down of 80 hrs 1 week to 40 the next. In general we are always busy and I’m always and the edge of technology.

Tony, so where does that leave a guy like you??

Chris and Mike,

I was the lead trainer and Training Manager in Michigan for Mastercam for over 7 years. James pretty well hit the nail on the head!

Finding someone that is not only technically minded but able to communicate effectively is very hard to find and even harder to keep. The other problem is burnout. I had to retrain new guys all the time to do training because they get tired of all the repetiton associated with it and ultimatly get bored.

When you do find a good guy do yourself a favor and keep his job diverse. In Michigan we didn't do that nearly enough and lost some very talented people because of it over the years.

It's a tough spot to fill and get production from in a short amount of time. People underestimate the value of good training and trainers, it's vital to staying competitive both at the reseller level and shop user level.

Good luck in your search and your right it can be a very cool job in the right environment.

Cheers

Chuck B.

Yea Tony. I sell and I can teach. The doors open buddy. Step up and throw your hat in biggrin.gif .

Sometimes teaching is easy compared to some of the demos I've had to do. But dont worry about it, we can show you some of the basic teaching skills you'll need. You just need to have the determination to want to get up there and do it.

But for real fun try stepping up in front of a room with 1000 Mastercam experts (dealers and tech weenies)to do a demo and show them a new trick. If you like adrenalin pumping thru your veins this is the most fun of all.

I LOVE IT!

I KNOW James knows what I'm talking about.

Mike Mattera - Mastercam Jacket Owner

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Sure Chris. I feel your plight. When I go into some customers places and they are frequently asking for SKILLED people. Most of the people with the types of skills they are looking for are doing what we do. We generally don't last long in shops for the most part. Now with that said, there are exceptions. I know a number of REALLY good programmers that prefer the comforts of being in one place doing what they do. It's just their nature. Since I worked at Mori, I knew I could never work in a shop again. I foolf myself for a while at the last place where I was at, but eventually I succommed, admitted to what I am and what I do, went with it and went out on my own.

So we'll see how long it lasts. biggrin.gif

Mike, I KNOW EXACTLY what you're talking about and after the first moments of the jitters, the adrenaline kicks in and you gho with it. biggrin.gif Man.... Wouldn't trade that feeling for anything biggrin.gif