Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

about convenience

mig

Hi All !

Just start to move from ver 9 To X.

Ver 9 : Xform – translate – all entities- from mid point- to origin.

All command prompting Automatically , you don’t have to looking for icons etc.

How to do it in ver X.?

This is just basic command.

Regards

quote:

Try Xform translate 3D

I thought Translate 3D was like the old (V9) Translate-Between views. confused.gif

Select your geometry, Xform-Translate, and select the big number 1 box. This will put you in the Between Points mode. Read the prompts from there.

There is no chain manager in this instance. I wish there was.

Thad

I think you are talking about chaining on the same plane?

If you are, click the only button next to your selection type button. On that menu is a box, Plane mask in chaining.

Is that what you're looking for?

Hello!

When I Go to Settings, Configuation, start/exit, construction plane area on start exit page, clicking 2-d then saving this setting. Closing this d/box and open again .....

nothing changed. This is bug or i am doing somethig wrong?

Regards

quote:

What does Plane mask setting do you are refering

to?

The same as C-plane in the chaining manager. It will not see any geometry that resides in another plane. If you had a 3D wireframe part and wanted to chaing the bottom profile of the part, it would grab the entire profile, ignoring the vertical lines.

The difference is when you pre-select, you don't get the chaining manager. This is how you plane mask.

Thad

Thad,

quote:

-------------------------------------------------

The difference is when you pre-select, you don't get the chaining manager. This is how you plane mask.

-------------------------------------------------

I know what and how plane mask works I guess I was asking what does the config setting do when changed to use plane mask for chaining? I tried to preselect my chain plane mask worked but it didn't change in chain options when I picked contour after preselect.

Steve

Steve Pre-select is for example you want to translate the Geo you pick the Geo you want to translate then hit the Xform-Trans button. this is called pre-selecting.

By the way you can set your option at the bottom of the screen to 2D then hold the Shift Key and pick a chain this helps some time when pre_selecting some chains.

I haven't found a place to change that yet, Steve. That setting, along with a handful of others don't seem to be available in the defaults (or Screen-Config) like they were in V9.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. While we've gained functionality with custom toolbars and screen layout (which I couldn't care less about), we've lost funtionality with making default settings the way we want. This is just one example.

Thad

Thad,

I agree with you, I also could care less on the screen layout and toolbars, I'm sure 10000 icons don't make the software run faster especially when we have to relearn the pictures for the icons. It seems the simple things seem harder to find and change many things we have used for years are eliminated (some chooks). It makes using and teaching a little harder but I'm sure they (CNC) are working extra hard to change as they go. This is a great Forum for them to see what people are running into and here what everybody likes and dislikes. I really wish I used this forum more when I was the Applications Engineer here for the local dealer.

Thanks

Steve