Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak Integrex programming

Dan S.

Has anyone had any success with a post for a Mazak Integrex. We have an E-410-H and an Integrex 200 III S. We can run them with Mazatrol (FUSION 640M pro), but have had no success with offline programming. We purchased a post thru our dealer for the 200(I think they got it from a company in Quebec) that does not work. We had a trail post for the 410. It did not work either. Management wants to see them running (of course). Any help, hints or suggestions would be appreciated.

Dan

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I've heard through a number of users here in the forum that the In-House Solutions (Dave Thompson's) is pretty bulletproof. Unless Mazak changed a bunch of stuff (don't ever rule that out), that would be where I would start.

HTH

Pinch turning is using a tool from the upper turret and a tool from the lower turret to turn the part simultaneously, "pinching" the stock in between.

As far as I know Mastercam does not support this yet, the MATSS package is still under development?

Martin Roderick is the only guy at Mazak that really knows how to make the Integrex run like it should, but good luck getting in touch with him.

ICAM is indeed out of Canada and does have posts for 'multi-function' machines but you are far better off dealing with In-House if they have a solid product [which I've been told they do] as they are a Mastercam reseller as well as post developers.

C

We had bought a post from our dealer that I was told came direct from CNC software. They even requested the model number so the could tweak it for our machine. I think there was some tweaking but it was fully supported. Just post out a operation and edit it to what you want and send a copy of befre and after into your dealer and post shows up in a few days. Very painless.

Oh the joys of a supported post smile.gif

It's great to hear that Martin Roderick is the guru of the Integrex machines! I speak with him on a weekly basis as we're constantly tweaking our Integrex posts together. We have done both the Mark III (all configs) and the e Series machines to date. We have covered as many bases as possible including stock trasnfers with cutoffs, spindle slaving, pinch turning (Mazak has a balanced cutting mode), etc.

As everyone knows, we do not support pinch turning, etc. in the software at this time but we're doing a nice job in the posts to provide this functionality. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly with any questions.

Brett

Brett is the man! If you have a problem with a post it is fixed now..... not in a week or when-ever. We currently use his post at Paragon Medical and I have had very little issues, the one that we did have Brett fixed in hours. If you want your Integrex to do things not thought humanly possible than Martin is the way to go, smartest dude that I have ever met. He knows the ins, and outs of those things. I do belive if you cantact Mazak that they can put you in contact with him. Post problems - goto Inhouse and talk to Brett, Machining problems Martin. You can not go wring with that team.

]

cheers.gif

Hey Mark,

I guess I would consider that a "longhand" style pinch turning with wait codes and independant control of each turret. As previously mentioned, we are using wait codes (in the misc integers) to just synch up on an operational level. For pinch turning, the Integrex has a special mode which is probably quite similar to your Nak. We are using a full turning operation on the top turret and a lathe point operation on the lower turret. With the help of a little post magic, we bring each turret to the same point in space (on opposite sides of the part) then turn on ths balanced cutting mode. The lower is now slaved 1/2 rev behind the upper.

Brett