Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What's the access code of file step?

wenfafa

I wouldn't mind giving SIM numbers if they were kept "private"... some customers have multiple SIMS and the actual number becomes "worn" with time. What I mean to say is that some of my SIMS are frequently moved from machine to machine and the hand writen numbers soon fades. Would be an easy way to check registered users on the forum.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yeah, perhaps Public DIsplay of SIM#'s is not a great idea, but if webb'ster wants mine, he's got it.

quote:

Remember Multax.

No Sim# No Addy !!!! -----> Da BOOT

ROFLMAO

Definetly do not post SIM #'s for all to see. Only use them when signing on to the forum to become a member. Therefore, if this measure is taken, we all know that we can talk freely about any MC related question. Granted "boot" people will be able to read what is posted, but they will not be allowed to post replys/topics. Why not make the forum so that an individual has to log-on to even read what has been posted. By that, I mean no one can read any post on the forum unless he/she is a register member.

Thanks for the feedback. We can't currently have mandatory registration fields that are not publicly displayed.

Trevor - I've been toying with general access restrictions for a while - i.e. you must be registered just to *read* the forum, let alone post messages. Any more thoughts on this?

[ 11-03-2001: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

Dave,

I would back that idea 100%. Not only would it keep the crooks out, well almost, but like Andrew said, some competitors would not bea able to read what the latest and greatest is along with not being able to hear pros/cons of MC which inturn they could use against the dealers. I do not see a loss for anyone if the afore mentioned is implemented. It would only strengthen what you have already established and you never know, some of the boot-leggers out there not being able to get answers might actually get legal. You just never know.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I think now that we've given Bootleggers a taste of what Mastercam Support is available, now's the time to close 'em out. biggrin.gif Make it so that the people now have to register to even view the forum. Confirm SIM#'s with CNC just to be on the safe side.

JM2C

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Ya know, this kind of reminds me of the clowns that go onto NG's to find out the option parameters for Fanuc controls. Yeah, I paid my hard earned money for it and I'm going to give it to you for free, uh, huh, yeah right. Sumpthin' fer nuthin'.

quote:

Good Idea for Registration, it would keep the bottom feeders from seeing who is using MasterCAM and then trying to switch them to EdgeCAM! Ambassador should like this idea!

Mastercam by far is not the best and only cadcam package .But its so well know around the world.And it would be hard to convert a Mastercam user to another system. Look in the classifieds for a programming job ! Guess what pops up the most????

Mastercam-- Mastercam--- Mastercam biggrin.gif

Kenneth Potter

Mastercam V8.1.1

Licensed & legal

Yeeeeeee--Haaaaa ! cool.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

DOH!!!!!!!!

quote:

Can't we get some decent Moderators/Administrators to keep things on track?

Ouch, that hurt!!!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Good help is so hard to find these days.