Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Xform Stretch

KEVCAM

Where exactly are the exact steps. I have tried and tried and can't get it to work consistently. It worked once yesterday, but not since. From what I have seen the instructions are unclear, but, it could just be me..In the V92x functions.pdf it tells you to use Drag, and it doesn't work for me..Please advise..

guess what?.. idea.gif

Just as i sent me post, I saw the last line of the previous post that said not to pre-select, and who'd of guessed it works..My bad!! As I have stated before, I'm not retarded, just slow.. cheers.gif

Here is a quote from help:

"To access the Stretch function, open the Translate dialog box. Set the Window mode on the General Selection ribbon bar to In+. Draw a window around the geometry you want to stretch and end the geometry selection by pressing [Enter] or clicking the green End Selection button on the ribbon bar. The Stretch check box on the Translate dialog box is now available."

The easiest way to get there is to click on the Translate icon and then Help (questionmark) on that dialogbox.

And YES do not preselect!

Russel,

I do agree, stretch doesn't seem to work as well in X. I can select geom ok, but to actually stretch in the direction you want is like impossible for me. In V9 all you has to do is window (intersect) the geom, then hit x-.25 or y.1 etc and the geom would stretch relative to th c-plane you were currently in. V 10 is frustrating in that regard banghead.gif .

I simply want to do what was so simple in V9. frown.gif

• 4 weeks later...

YPitou,

quote:

How enter a X5 relative value to add 5mm to the length of a rectangle ?

When Stretch is activated using Xform-Translate and selecting the geometry by an In+ window, simply type in the value you'd like to stretch in the proper field. If you want to type in a Relative distance, right-click within the field to use DES (Data Entry Shortcuts) to help find the distance and then just add (+) the value you want to the end of the value found. HTH cheers.gif

Make sure you are not in another command, smack the Esc key several times. Did you hit the Xform Translate command before selecting the geometry to stretch?

In the Xform Translate screen there is a checkbox labeled "Stretch" just above the preview items. Make sure you are in Move and have the Stretch checkbox checked.