Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surface holes

47stinson

I received an IGES file from a customer which appears to be a solid body made up of surfaces, with a series of holes in several sides. There is no other information about the holes. I can dimension the part by snapping to the endpoints of the surfaces, but I can't get the cursor to snap to the hole edges or centers. Is there any way I can get the hole sizes and locations? Using Ver 9.1.

47stinson

Maybe you have splines, which is why MC won't snap to the center of them. Try Modify-Convert to arcs.

If you don't have any wireframe, then you can create it with Create-Curve-All edges. If for some reason the holes come in as splines, use the method above.

Welcome to the forum! cheers.gif

Thad

m2c,

if your holes are on curved surfaces, they will always be splines (unless there is flat edge somewhere like a c-bore), in which case you'll have to xform>squash them to a flat plane, then convert to arcs, then measure.

edit: another option is to get on the horn and ask the "artist" what size holez he wants, not to mention a tolerance. wink.gif