Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Changing Colors

SSwanner

I am new to X. When importing parasolid from solidworks to X it comes in red. I cannot change colors. I have read posts from many people. It seems no matter what I do, the color cannot be changed.

I have changed groups, deleted groups, selected use entity colors, imported from version 9, brought in straight from solidworks.

Help please

Mastercam X SP1 10.0.14.19

banghead.gif

Group button on the bottom of your screen, delete the part that is included in the group.

Then go screen >> configure >> colors >> on the group colors section, make sure to check use entity colors.

HTH

Also if it still does not change go

screen >> configure >>CAD Settings >> EA Manger Settings >> click and make sure solids is unchecked. It may be locked in on that page

Hang on a second here.

I just imported a parasolid, I exported out of NX.

I deleted the group, tried EA manager on/ EA manager off. I can not move it, I can not change the color of it, I can not rotate it.

headscratch.gif

Now, I know I was previously able to do this.

Yet again, the File/Merge-Pattern function has confused someone. When using this function, the imported entities come in as a 'group' and by default the color of the group takes precedence over the color of the entities. 'jmparis' is right - go to Settings/Config/Colors and inside the 'Group Colors' groupbox, switch from 'Use groups color' to 'Use entity colors'.

Since this has proven to be confusing (and we admit it is), the next release of Mastercam will default to 'Use entity colors'

how about this one this one? I have my settingsconfigurationcolorsgeometry colors, set to color 12 ( red ) when I do a fileopen*.sldprt command the part comes in as color 10 “green” and then when I go back to my settingsconfigurationcolorsgeometry colors , it is now set to color 10 “green”

any suggestions on how to have my *.sldprts stay red? headscratch.gif