Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Changing Speeds & Feeds in 'X' won't stay

ILv2Rk

I have posted a program with speeds & feeds "from tool". Now I wnat to go into program parameters and manualy enter a new speed and feed and repost it.

When I change it and go out of that operation and come back into it, the speeds and feeds have reverted back to the original values.

This worked in V9, I'm not sure why it doesn't work in 'X'.

Could it be a setting or something?4_12_12.gif

Jeff

It sounds like you have a different or out of date machine def. In the file that is giving you problems pick edit a different machine def in and then go back and grab the one you want to use and see if that helps.

Jeff.

I have had a similar problem. I post the programe OK, run a component find the optimum speed and speed ( Drilling 800 or so holes in Stainless )go back to the change speed and feed parameters. Send to machine again, and it has reverted to the old settings.

I will watch the thread and see if anybody can explain whats happening,but I have a feeling its my fault. It can't be X.

Geo.

Thad,

In reguards to the changing Fr, changing parameter page and then going back to page 1.

Yes it sticks while going back and forth on parameters pages but as soon as I accept it and go to a new tool to change something and come back to 1st page; everything is back to original values headscratch.gif

Are you changing speeds and feeds for some/all tools in an operation's parameters that they are not being used in?

Or do you go into individual operations and adjust the speed and feed?

Refrain from re-clicking on the tool in the list if possible, because the speed and feed will change back to the original values depending on the Tool, Material or Defaults calculations.

If a change needs to be made, go to the Operation's Parameter page, re-select the tool used for that operation (if need be), adjust your speed and/or feed, then accept it.

HTH

dwsz71,

That is exactly what i am doing. I open the parameters page for each operation an do not click on the tool but instead just highlight and type in new value in speed and feed window, hitting inter after each entry.

If you accept it and leave that parameter page and go to a new operation's paremeter page to make changes. Then if you goback and open the first op, it has changed back to original values

Jeff

In ver. X if "use tool's step, peck, coolant" is checked on:

double-click the tool in the list and change speeds and feeds in the tool definition. The parameters in the tool definition are king and will overrule any changes you make in the speed and feed parameters. If this is the way the software is supposed to work, then the fields for speed and feed should be grayed out.

If "use tool's step, peck, coolant" is not checked then:

The changes made to speeds and feeds should stick. That is a good thing but your values for coolant and peck will be operation defaults not the values associated with the tool. This is not a good thing.

In version 9 the setting "use tool's step, peck, coolant" worked very well. Values associated with the tool were initially loaded when picking the tool but any manual changes would stick. I would like to see a return to this behavior.

I add my vote in the make it like v9 column. chain a toolpath, set the speed and feed to what you want, chain a new toolpath, and the speed and feed default back to whatever they were when you selected the tool, Chaining the use tools speed feed ,peck made no difference. This is a pain in the posterior, forget it just once and its anything goes at the machine tool. This never happened before. (using mastercam since v3.4)

P.S. I'm current on updates.

Peter