Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mcx editor

mig

Last I saw, Mastercam Editor displayed line numbers (not block or "N" number) at the start of each line. There is a way ti turn it off, but only for the current session. As soon as you re-start the editor, the line numbers are back on.

Search the forum about "Cimco Editor" in the past 6 weeks and I'm sure you'll see the procedure to put the Cimco Editor in X.

Mike Mattera

quote:

Last I saw, Mastercam Editor displayed line numbers (not block or "N" number) at the start of each line.

To access the editor buffer options right click on an open file and select properties from the popup menu, line numbers and other options are available there. Originally line numbers were on by default.

quote:

There is a way ti turn it off, but only for the current session. As soon as you re-start the editor, the line numbers are back on.

This has been fixed for sometime now, what was the version you used Mike?

The line numbers all the way to the left in the Mastercam editor are not sequence numbers, and they are not written into the NC file. They are like the ruler that shows up on the border when you use a wordprocessor like Word, and are used in much the same way for dealing with the line-number-based error messages that MP.DLL generates if there is a problem.

If you enable the output of sequence numbers you'll see two sets of line numbers on the left - one that comes from the editor (on the left margin) that isn't part of the NC file and a second one that maches the sequence nubmer format your post and control def specified (immideatly to the right of the editor's line numbers).

Rick,

quote:

If you enable the output of sequence numbers you'll see two sets of line numbers on the left - one that comes from the editor (on the left margin) that isn't part of the NC file and a second one that maches the sequence nubmer format your post and control def specified (immideatly to the right of the editor's line numbers).

I used the Masteram editor for the first time today.I normally use the cimco editor.

I have sequence numbers in my posted code and I did 5 programs today.I never sore two sets of numbers.Just the sequence numbers in the posted code.

The Mastercam editor actually grew on me and I think I'll give it ago for awhile.

The one thing I miss in the Mastercam editor is that, CIMCO has an Icon for next tool change I use it constantly.Mastercam has a drop down

Also the find function in Mastercam editor you can't repeat the search.So if I want to find say G5 find it then in Cimco I can ask find next again and again.

cheers.gif

quote:

The Mastercam editor actually grew on me and I think I'll give it ago for awhile.

Change is often a good thing wink.gif

quote:

The one thing I miss in the Mastercam editor is that, CIMCO has an Icon for next tool change I use it constantly.Mastercam has a drop down

This is something I can add, since we have added more NC functions I can now break it out in to a toolbar of its own. I shall add this for a future MR.

quote:

Also the find function in Mastercam editor you can't repeat the search.So if I want to find say G5 find it then in Cimco I can ask find next again and again.

Standard searching 101, press F3 to continue searching on the same text, you can also select "Mark All" from the search dialog to bookmark all search results in the file and use the bookmark icons to navigate them.

Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated.

Edit: You can create your own custom toolbar and drag any button to it, to do so you need to right click on the main toolbar and select customize from the popup menu. However, the mechanism to save this layout is not currently implemented, I shall add this functionality for the next MR.

Mick,

Thanks for your reply. I tried the F3 key thats what I was after. I did not know about that thanks cheers.gif

What are these double sets of numbers the other guys are talking about? I have not seen any other numbers bar my posted N numbers.

Could CNC put out a little ref card or book about the Mastercam editor as it is new to all of us?

Once again thanks for your help and support cheers.gif

When using NC function ID_Next tool it finds M6, the problem I have is my code for unclamping one of my axis is M69.

So when I want to find the next tool change it finds all the rotary moves because the table gets unclamped with a M69.

Can I change the ID_next tool so it finds M6 only?

Or another way to find the next tool change in the posted code.

The CIMCO editor only finds M6 at the tool change it doesn't see the M69.

Thanks

While we're on the subject of asking for editor enhancements....

It would be really helpful to the post guys if "undo" would work for every change made during the active session with the file. When post editing, if you save you post to go post, you can't undo something you don't like.

This is the only thing that keeps me from using it. I wish I could though because I love the dollar sign functionality....

DavidB,

Could you e-mail me a sample NC file for me to play with and I'll look at the find next tool function.

thoskins,

The X editor does not have the funtionality to execute a VBScript directly because it was designed as a standalone editor, V9's editor was a DLL and was launched in the same process as Mastercam making it simple to run a script directly. I actually prefer the new method, you can keep a file open and edit test edit without ever having to close and reopen the file.

Brett Thomas,

If a change were made outside of the editor then the editor is not aware of those changes, there is no undo/redo history in the editors buffer to track. Is this your question or am I misunderstanding something? What does CIMCO do?

Again, thanks for all the feedback guys.