Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak post

Jack K

Parameters for an M32.

Go to the parameter screen change the following. Power down the control and then power back up.

Be sure to write the original values down before changing.

These changes will access the Mazatrol tool data values for length and cutter comp.

F92 10101000

F93 00000000

F94 11010000

That's it you're done.

Personally, I would go the "use computer" for cutter radius compensation rather than "use control" - but that's just my own preferance.

BTW - did you get the eia tranmission to go into the control?

Regards, Jack

John,

The control is a M32 mill, and the post is some Mazak post that we have used for quite awhile. Thing is I like to comp in the computer as well but in this case it is a production job so I have turned on the wear comp. I guess I have never debugged this for this mazak post.

Jack,

Yes we did get the program to transmit....thanks for your help!!

Thanks,

Jack

Jack,

I am running mazak mills also. We ran into some problems using cutter comp if you are trying to use your "mazatrol" tool data. We mainly use mazatrol programs so we didn't want to have to go back and forth on the tool data. You have to use the "control" tab on cutter comp and be sure you use lead in and lead out in order to turn your comp on and off in the right place. Thanks to John Paris we are using the mpmaster post and it has worked great. Thanks again John!

Brian

If all of your settings are correct in the file but you're still not getting comp to output, you may have a switch or a setting in your post thats not allowing for comp, .... or it may have been removed.

Check your post file for a possible switch at top and/or post the code under " sccomp " or " pccdia ".

cheers.gif