Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

LARGE tools....

gti_jay

last time I needed inserts for tricut in december they also had a promotion that if you bought 30 inserts for a cutter body they would give you the cutter body free. This included there indexible semi and finishing ball. they also have bull inserts which fit the same shanks. just checked there catalougue 2" D is the biggeest semi ball and 1.25 seems to be biggest for finish ball

Thanks guys

Let me clairify a little...

I'm looking for companies that make a STANDARD line of HUGE Ø ballnose endmills.

I am trying to steer clear of the "Custom Engineered solutions" offered by most manufacturers due to ABSURD cost of these tools.

What I am doing is exploring the option of eliminating a turning operation by milling some 2" rads...

Off the web site he just mentioned: 2" inserted Ballem.

2 Insert Style

Ballplus page Iscar:

quote:

ISCAR has a wide range of ball nose end mills.

Solid carbide cutters are available for the smaller diameter ranges.

Standard carbide inserts with indexable cutting tools begin at 8 mm (.315") and extend up to 50 mm (2.0").

Lovejoy maybe

Carboloy Milling Holders

Carboloy 2

There is a start.

Here is some techinal data: Dapra Tech:

HTH

[ 01-18-2006, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: Crazy^Millman ]

The 2 inserted ones are more of a roughing to semi finish cutters great for removing stock in corners of forms before running a finish pass. The finisher is a single inserted tool which I have always been happy with the finish but I think they only go up to 1.25. Price wise they are fairly reasonable not with the ones I use the cost per insert was about 50-60% of what solid carbide costs down here.