Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

parent child surface associativity

Nope.

Those are trimmed surface and need the reference slab.

Best way to clean it up to make sure everything you don't need is gone is to...

Save some... choose the surfaces you want.

Call that file up and convert to iges.

Slabs are necessary.

Convert all the surfaces to NURBS and then you can blow away all the old surfaces and curves.

edited...

Oops - never mind - I thought you wanted to break the assocs between curve-generated surface types (revolved, ruled, etc) and their curves.

No - you cannot break the association between a trimmed surface and its untrimmed parent. The trim can't exist without the parent. I'm not completely sure why it's a problem, though.

• 9 months later...

I really wish there was a way to break the associativity, I also run in to this all the time. I mean you can see two different surfaces and there are two if you can see them so why not be able to choose one and just save it off?

*end of rant*;

*end of thread hijacking*;

#

OK I just found a way around this. Delete all the associated (child)surfaces, trim the original parent to any surface setting the option to delete the original. Then start hitting undelete...all the children (I guess orphans at this point)return without their mommy!