Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam x mr1/sp2 communication?

romrom2006

Welcome to the forum romrom2006! cheers.gif

When you installed MR1 your comm preference was probably reset to the default setting. I use Cimco DNC Max for my comm software but after installing MR1 I had to change it back to Cimco. Maybe this happened to you too?

BTW...there's a sub-folder in your mcxconfig folder called mr1-original that has all your old settings and preferences that were in effect before you installed MR1. wink.gif

• 4 weeks later...

quote:

I'm not so sure now but aren't "mr1-original" folders containing new files that came with mr1?

That's what I thought it was too, Mark. For example, if you modified the config file, you could always go back to "factory settings" by using those files. I thought I even confirmed that by checking the dates and times of those files.

Anyone?

Thad

You probably need to edit your Control Def to set the Comm settings defaults for the particular machine you are sending to. You can also put a Comm Icon on the toolbar by going to the "Customize" section under toolbars. Scroll down to the File option under the Category drop down. There is a Comm Iconn there. Drag it to the toolbar and then in the left column rename the toolbar ,or, when dragging it up place it inside an existing toolbar. HTH

I've found that the most consistent method for maintaing the communications settings are to set them in the Control Def.. If your control def. is set properly, it seems to always "trump" any changes made by software updates, default tinkering, and temporary session changes.

In other words, it doesn't seem to matter what defaults are, control def. wins.

m2c

quote:

BTW Steve, you have a knack for restarting old threads, don't ya
biggrin.gif

Mark

I've been on other boards and got scolded a lot for asking a question that's already been beaten like a dead horse. I do a search for any of my questions first in order to avoid being redundant and add my question to a thread on that subject. If y'all think it makes more sense to start from scratch, no problem. wink.gif

I checked out the Comm. process in the MC editor and may start using it instead of right from MCX. I'm already re-numbering there since that feature is still a little "Buggy" in MCX. Still don't understand where comm. defaults are set in MCX if someone did answer that question. Do I drag the icon to my toolbar AFTER changing the parameters?I'm still a bit confoosed on that one. Is there a way to make it work like the one in Version 9??? headscratch.gif

Thanks

Steve (the thread dredger)

Still don't get this "Teh" thing while we're talking about spelling.......

quote:

got scolded a lot for asking a question that's already been beaten like a dead horse

LOL, no scolding here smile.gif

quote:

Still don't understand where comm. defaults are set in MCX

I'm using Cimco for now but you should be able to setup mcx com by going into machine definition manager, edit control definition, click communications and change settings there. It should work.

hth

cheers.gif

Mark