Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Macro for text on Fanuc

GREG

You would have to create each macro individually for each number/letter.

I would start of with the coordinates from a box type lettering in Mastercam for the geometry of the letters.

After that, the macro call in G-Code would need to contain the various lettering and scale height.

The macro could be called up once the XY position has been obtained and programmed something like this:

T01 M06

G00 G90 G54 X1.0 Y1.0 S1000 M03

G43 Z0.05 H01

G65 P8999 T56487 S0.5 Z-0.125 F5.0

where,

P: macro program number

T: serial number (S/N 56487)

S: scale

Z: depth of cut

F: feed rate (in/min)

then, using the serial number, you would have to isolate each caracter or number and run the corresponding portion of code for each one.

It can be done, I don't know if something already exists for this type of macro.

Good luck!

Luc

All machine manufacturers will have a macro program like what Simtech explained. Along with bolt circle patterns, slotting pattern, ect. You can also find how to books on Macro programming.

These are very helpful in numerous ways. But only a very small percentage of shops use these. Like I said before you can contact your Machine Mfg and talk to the Application Dept. they WILL help you, that is their job. Most custom macro programs will cost you some money, but should not to bad in cost compared to your time.

Mike cool.gif

I woukd also like a macro / sub routine for engraving for the Fanuc control.

The Fadal has a real niffty one line sub:

ex: L9201 R___ Z___ R1+0 R2+__(text height) R3+__(text angle) F____ (this is where you type in the actual text string that you want to engrave...)

Sweet!

Kathy