Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

trying to cut a spiral in X (bug??)

MIL-TFP-41

James,

It runs fine here is V9 and MCX. When you bring it in to MCX, is the op dirty? It's not here.

I should mention that I'm only running Demo at home, so it's not the latest version of either.

Take a good look at the parameters in each version and make sure they're the same. Check the tool too.

Thad

• 3 months later...

infinite look ahead is turned off (see the file). When I analyze the inside arc (the smallest) it measures .55504.

Works fine in V9. Works fine in X till I regenerate.

If I turn cutter comp off it works, cept I want to use cutter comp.

When I change comp from left to right it cuts the outside fo the spiral, I need to cut the inside.

Got this from QC today

James,

It works properly in MR2 which should be released very soon.

I spoke to the one of the programmers on this and he says they found a problem in MR1 and rewrote and instituted a new offset algorithm in MR2.

So please be patient. If you really need this, I can regenerate for you in MR2 and send it back to you.

Rob Peirolo

Q.C.

CNC Software