Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

A few things that could speed up X

RandleXX

This first thing is the Xform command, It always seems to default to 'copy' not 'move' which I use more often. In a hurry I usually accidentally copy instead of move which requires

an 'undo' which does not always work for an Xform. So then, I must click all/Xform result/delete/ok. And do the Xform all over agian. mad.gif

Second, the default for 'verify/initial stock size source' is always at 'stock set-up' rather than 'last size' which IS checked in my configuration. I have noticed that some settings in config. make no difference if they are checked or not in the defaults. confused.gif

There is a few more small things, but these two alone add up to 10 times more clicks than necessary.

I anyone has a way to fix these please speak up!

If not I can learn to live with them just like all the bugs in 9,8,7 and before banghead.gif

ThanX

Randle

Beer for Ballast

quote:

Offer them up aa enhancement request

I sent both of those in a long time ago.

quote:

This first thing is the Xform command, It always seems to default to 'copy' not 'move' which I use more often.

You could go in Settings-Configuration and check "Maintain" on one the pages. I don't recall which one but it's right next to the other transform settings, such as "Fit." At least then, once you select Move once, it'll stick for that session.

The verify settings suck too. Most of them don't stick and the defaults aren't what they should be either.

Thad

quote:

You could go in Settings-Configuration and check "Maintain" on one the pages. I don't recall which one but it's right next to the other transform settings, such as "Fit." At least then, once you select Move once, it'll stick for that session.

Settings-Configuration -CAD Settings

I agree with you all, and DRAG and Rotate Suck also, in 9 when translate you could press + and - and rotate as you place a clamp, in x you press t and r and its a dyamic rotate not a 5 or 10 deg spin, this sucks why in the world it something works "WHY change it"! cuckoo.gif Pretty sone they'll will update this forun to X and really mess things up.