Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

machining surfaces

Rob B

I need help. I'm tring to split a surface. I want to machine only a small portion of a surface. The majority of the surface as already been machined using surface-project. The section that I want to split away is connected to some smaller surfaces (pocket, boss) that also need to be machined. The pocket and boss have a small fillet around them.This is why I have changed to a smaller tool and didn't do the whole surface using surf-project I can split some of the other surfaces on the part. I can't figure out why I can't split this surface. Maybe I am going about this all the wrong way. I'm still really (green) when it comes to using surfaces to machine to. If anyone needs more info I will do my best to explain what I am tring to do. confused.gif

Prompt for tool containment boundary dude !

Draw your geometery as a tool containment closed pocket over the area of your surface that your focusing on . Then in your tool path parameter page check on Prompt for tool containment boundary . When done the system will ask you to select that bounding geometry.

Kenneth Potter

[ 11-28-2001: Message edited by: Kenneth Potter ]

You can Create curve,all edge on the small fillet then you go to the Xform, Offsetcontour,and in offsetcontour parameter, you set it with 3D and distant key in .020" (for .250ballnose endmill)and Copy for 6 contours, click Done

after done that you go back on the Construction Plane set 3D Create, Line, End point,connect six contours into one,

go to Tool path, Contour,and the contour set for 3D,Compensation in computer and control set "Off"