Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Confused again!!

Hans Foerster

This is nothing new for me, but I thought this was straight forward.

I developed a new post with a new machine control and machine definition file. I saved all 3 files and then brought it to the college to uplaod to my system their. To my surprise when I generate the CNC code from these files they are not giving me the same output that I receive at home.

Yes, i started a new drawing and loaded all the files before creating the geometry for the part.

Is their another file that I need that has the changes to my defintions that I am missing?

Thanks

Hans

My H values and D values all defaulted to 0 instead of the actual numbers per my previous settings. The G02 G03 codes changed to I and J instead of Raius where I had set it.

It seems to me when copying the machine definition files to other computers they drop back to their defaults.

Once these setting have been done shouldn't they stay the same until changes are made.

This is why I was wondering if their is another file that actually holds the new settings when copying over the posts and machine defintion.

Or again maybe I am doing it all wrong and have no idea why this is happening.

Thanks

Hans

Hans,

What folders were the MD/CD and PST file on your home computer? I bet they don't match your school computer. Once you get the files to school you may have to edit the MD/CD and reselect the files to make sur they are reading from the correct paths. These paths are harcoded into the MD/CD when created.

We are working on some solutions for MR2 to make changing these much easier that going in and editing the files.

Well I am writing this again because it did not post for me the first time!

How can you edit those files if they are compiled files, can you explain this process for me.

Getting very frustrated when you can't even make new post processers and machine defintions without loosing your data. You start looking like a fool infront of students after redoing all the defintions for our cnc machines and then nothing working.

Could someone show me in the documentation that explains that if you do not install MasterCam in their default directories yor defintions will not copy over properly.

Sorry to vent but damn!!!!!

Hans

You might want to look at the new videos on Machine, Control and Posts on the Mastercam Website. They are pretty informative on editing and changing paths for your Machine/Control & Post files. This should show you how to change them if your path at school is different than where you first created them.

http://www.mastercam.com/Support/Multimedia/Default.aspx

Check out the MD/CD Overview videos and the MD/CD FAQ's videos.