Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC 5 AX

Scott Bond

Well as Mill turn put it, I have to had good success with mastercam 5Axis.

My buddy John at Haas has had good luck along with Chris K,Oh did I forget john at klune ind.

Let me see oh ya Omar at blue streak.

Another would be Gary Bjerk he does allot of stuff for Disney.

Trans FX has had success to.

I will see about some more.

5 axis is all about the post I say again it IS ALL about the post.

Mastercam does extremly well with all but the wildest 5 axis requirements

what you MUST HAVE is a VERY good post to properly control the "rotaries"

If you need bullet proof 5 axis code that must work the first time then you must either pay someone to develop one or get one from the machine builder that has been fully developed.

my suggestion would be that if you have or are purchasing a 5-axis machine then you must research the post that you are to use and allow several weeks to get it working (if it is not already fully working) and then proceed slowly at first figure on watching the machine run the code. see if you like what you see. maybe you might want a change here or there.

but above all you have to have a very good post written for YOUR machine to have great success.

good cutting to ya

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

As a Programmer I have had the opportunity to program Mastercam in 5 Axis. I've done some turbine blade (tapered even)stuff, quite a bit of Airfoil and Primary Structures(Aerospace airframe)stuff and I have been very successful with it. As was stated before, "THE POST IS EVERYTHING". This is a fact. True you do not have the power of say CATIA or NCL, but...... with MasterCAM you have user friendliness that far outweighs any power that those systems may have over MasterCAM. Oh, a friend of mine works for a company that makes Cylinder Heads for the Racing Industry and that is probably the most demanding 5 Axis Applications I've seen and Mastercam makes heads look BEAUTIFUL!

JMHO

I've used apt/ncl and others to create 5-axis code. I also used to use mastercam and a c-hook to convert nci to apt. NOW, I use a post written by a third party to write CLEAN 5axis toopaths completely in mastercam. It ROCKS!!! I wouldn't want to do it any other way.

P.S. A special thanks to Brad and the guys at CNC Automation for their wonderful post and support. I couldn't and wouldn't have my job if it wasn't for them. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! 'WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!!!'