Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Trace using Mazak ajv w/pc to snnd progs

rsbeadle

Hello guys. I'm sorry for this off topic post, but I need help. I am using a laptop to hold programs om my Mazak mills and sending them to the controller using Tape I/O and DNC software. The problem is I cannot use the trace function to proof the program before I run it. I have tried some g-code viewers but I would prefer to use the machines translator to get exact output as the machine is reading it. Oh the reason is Mazak memory $$$$$, laptop $$$. Thanks.

Hi,

If you are using the DATA I/O - Tape I/O to load programs then they must be EIA type files (Normal M/G code files). To my knowledge, these files can not be backplotted using 'TRACE' on the mazak machine. If these parts are originally programmed in MasterCAM then a good option would be to purchase the Camaix Mazak POST and save the files in the machine control as M type files (Mazatrol Language).

Sincerely,

John

For the Mazatrol control, if you want to save the binary Mazatrol file (identified by the M at the end of the program number)you would be better off using the following process:

Program Files -- CMT I/O -- Save NC to CMT

Of couse, your DNC software would have to support the Mazatrol protocole.

The file saved would have the MZK extension.

Luc

I am using MC to a Mazak VQC 20/40 with Mazak M2 control. This machine is about 15 years old but had some memory upgrades before we got it. The backplot function on this machine is called "graphics" in the main menu. It does run EIA/ISO programs (maybe due to an upgrade) but seems to have trouble setting up the viewing window so that usually they run off screen. I find that I can be satisfied with what I see in Verify. Cimcoedit's transmission works well to the machine using "Tape I/O" for sending a whole (small) program or DNC for a big one. I see that Camaix does a post for Mazaks that outputs Mazatrol code. Mazatrol code is extremely compact compared to ISO and much easier to edit.

Hugh Venables, Monash Uni.