Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cimco vs Mastercam editors

Jody

I have some programs that I needed to copy and paste then change the g54 to g55 g56.... In mastercam editor it takes 20 seconds to copy the 5 meg file then it took 3 or 4 minutes to paste it.

I also like having the editor tell how many places it just replaced "*". the cicmo editor does mastercam doesn't.

And since I have spent a lot of time in Cimco this week I have noticed that they took spelling lessons from us at emastercam.

iviewcapture_date_16_02_2006_time_1.jpg

That is funny. oh that is the 4.32 version

I dont copy and paste that often but it would be nice if it was faster.

Jody

LOL.

Years ago when I spotted a spelling mistake I used to rush and fire off an email to development, "Hey, hurry, you spelled this wrong or that wrong." Now, I just laugh. In fact, I think the Find Previous xxxxf+F3 is a classic that should stay. Or, maybe Oxxxxf+F3 is more appropriate.

This gave me an idea open to anyone in North America:

CIMCO Edit 5 Spelling Contest

The person that finds the most spelling mistakes in Edit 5 in the next week gets a free license of Edit 5 with one year software maintenance - licensed to that person individually (as opposed to a company). Hey, you do the work, you get the prize. Submissions should be emailed to [email protected]. I will post the winner Friday 24 Feb. Note: If more than one person submits the same number of mistakes the person who submits the list first wins the prize.

Side Note - even though our Edit 5 Promo from 05 is over, Mastercam X users still get a discount off the retail price. Contact your Mastercam VAR for pricing. (Pricing and Discounts vary from country to country.)

From the looks of this post I may need to have a Spelling/Grammar Contest on my posts too.

If you are copying the whole file, and then just making those edits, why not just make the edits, and then do a save as and save it as a new file name. Much faster I believe. I usually open the file and then do a save as, then make the changes and then save again. Keeps me from getting interupted and saving the edited file over the old one. Usually it is as soon as you hit the save you realize it and need Anthony's Oxxxxf+F3 key.

HTH

Glenn

Anthony that is nice of you to want to give it away but Oxxxxf smile.gif if you dont have V5 to begin with you cant look for spelling mistakes.

Glenn I was making a copy then pasting it after the origanal and changing the g54 to a new location to cut five trodes in one program.

Thanks

Jody

quote:

Anthony that is nice of you to want to give it away but Oxxxxf if you dont have V5 to begin with you cant look for spelling mistakes.

From Cimcos download page ...

quote:

This section contains the latest CIMCO software service releases. If you are not a registered customer, these versions will function as 30 days time limited evaluation versions. Please note that license keys issued more than 12 months ago will not work with these service releases. Registered customers should contact [email protected] to extend their service period.

Since I may forget to do this later today...

The Edit 5 Spelling Contest is Officially Over and the winners are in:

Spelling Contest Winners

ctmJody - 14 Verified Mistakes

Don S - 4 Verified Mistakes

Anthony, tell them what they win...

Well Johnny, since ctmJody and Don S were the only two to respond to the contest they are both winners!

ctmJody wins a full license of Edit 5 with CNC-Calc 2 and NC-Base 5 (Server & Client) with one year annual software maintenance.

Don S wins a full license of Edit 5 with CNC-Calc 2 and one year annual software maintenance.

Special thanks to both of these guys for taking the time to help us improve the product.

Since I messed this up earlier today...

The Edit 5 Spelling Contest is Officially Over and the winners are in:

Spelling Contest Winners

Don S - 14 Verified Mistakes

ctmJody - 4 Verified Mistakes

Anthony, tell them what they win...

Well Johnny, since Don S and ctmJody were the only two to respond to the contest they are both winners!

Don S wins a full license of Edit 5 with CNC-Calc 2 and NC-Base 5 (Server & Client) with one year annual software maintenance.

ctmJody wins a full license of Edit 5 with CNC-Calc 2 and one year annual software maintenance.

Special thanks to both of these guys for taking the time to help us improve the product.