Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fadal read ahead

Those of you with operators will understand.

I have worked up a new post for out Fadals based on the MPmaster Fadal. I now have all the neat tool lists and info at the top of the program.

Well the 88HS control when it sees this info at the top of the program and you start to run the program it does not scroll this info off of the screen until the first tool is about 20 lines into the actual program. Thus, the operator is confused and upset that he can not see his first few moves in the program.

Any aware of some type of read ahead for the 88HS control or is there a specific text format the control might like better?

I wan to leave this info in as I believe the more information available the better for everyone.

BTW, Thanks Trevor and Dave for the head start smile.gif

Guest SAIPEM

No can do on the CNC 88-HS or 32MP.

The read ahead has nothing to do with the display.

What you can do is output the header as a sub or output the header info BEFORE the '%' sign and the O word identifier.

This way you can look at the info with a file editor on a PC but it will be stripped when sent to the machine.

You could also insert an GOTO or M-Code line jump right below the O Word identifier that jumps to the first actual G-Code sequence.

John,

We experience the same thing here when the program starts with some block skip slashes. I'd have to check for sure, but I think it only doesn't show you the next line when you're single stepping through the program.

Thad

quote:

I'd have to check for sure, but I think it only doesn't show you the next line when you're single stepping through the program.

Nope, I just checked. It shows 2 lines, but still not the rest of the program. That's always annoyed me too.

Thad

quote:

You should have used "look ahead" before purchasing the Fadal.

I did not work here when these were purchased, nor would I even recommend buying one. These fortunately are nearing the end of their life in this company. One will be replaced at the begining of next year and the other will foloow the next yr.

Until then, I'm stuck with what I got smile.gif

I'll just contine to push most of the work thru the Mori's, which of course grow by 1 in about a month.

Surface, That's a possibility I have not considered, perhaps smile.gif