Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Create Curve Question

Slick

In the past when I have used the create curve function I get lines and arcs off of most of my surfaces. Ever since I loaded MR1 I have noticed that the curves I create off of surfaces are NURBS. Is there a setting somewhere? Or maybe a switch I don't know about?

Oh, and these are surfaces from models I import from CATIA.

On the CAD Settings page of System Congif there is

a drop down labled Splne/surface creation type.

Try changing it to one of the Curve Generated options.

You can also try converting splines to arcs and lines with the Edit/Simplify command.

This does not work in X as well as it does in

V9 and I believe it is getting a workover for the

upcoming MR2 release.

Thanks gcode! The "edit/simplify" function worked perfect. The Curve generate option was a no go.

Very bizarre though, the sufaces I am dealing with are perfectly straight. You'd think that it would automatically create a line instead of a spline.

quote:

Very bizarre though, the sufaces I am dealing with are perfectly straight. You'd think that it would automatically create a line instead of a spline.

Slick,

This has been brought up before. You're right, they should be lines instead of splines. As gcode said, they're working on it. cheers.gif

Thad