Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Pencil inside a pocket

Doug beat me to it. To further explain my explaination headscratch.gif not fitting would be like a 1" ball won't fit into a fillet that's .250. If the tool can fit (1" ball in a .750 fillet), then MC won't find any stock. I hope that makes more sense.

Thad

m2c

in the new highspeed pencil you can give the tool an "overthickness value", which will force a tool of smaller radius into an area of bigger radius. It in a sense "fakes" mc into thinking the tool is larger in size when looking for pencil cuts, but then calculates and cuts to the actual size of the tool.

e.g. you can cut a .500 fillet with a .1875 rad. tool. i really like it because you can easily cut fillets without relying on the size of the tool to create the feature, or monkeying around with xtra geo.

Chris,

When using Overthickness, does the toolpath look like a leftover? If it still looks like a regular pencil (one pass through each area), where does it cut since there are multiple tangencies when using a smaller radius into a bigger radius? With the regualr pencil, there is only one tangency, and that's where it cuts.

Sounds like great feature. I'll have to check it out in my spare time.

Thad