Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe Roughing Question

I have a 'figure' of sorts, that I can't overly detailed on based on the ...secrecy?... of it. Anyways, I have drawn it all up and defined the stock, chuck and all that good stuff.

The stock, finished is about 7.2" and 16" long. I am using a 3/8" button to rough out the meat (alum) and a straight VNMG to finish.

If I run the button with plunge enabled, I get a ton of crash errors. If I run the VNMG on a finish pass, I get no errors. Same VNGM on a rough pass, tons of errors....'Collison with Stock'

Any thoughts? I know this is kinda vague...sorry bout that.

Guest SAIPEM

You get these errors because of the part geomety and the default entry vectors.

You are now cutting with the backside of the tool when you plunge. Because of this, you need to adjust your entry vectors.

Set the entry vectors to perpendicular.

You need to change the lead in/lead out moves on the ruffing operation. There is a default setting on .10 leadin on the main page. I always set that to 0 and use the lead in/lead out page

page. If you play with that, you'll probably be able to get rid of the crash warnings.

Ok, I tried both of these and had no success at all. Maybe there is something I am doing wrong. I will mocked up the base of what I am having trouble with.

Keep in mind...this is only a mock up and is not actually how I have my part done. =] Just a quick similarity.

On the FTP in the MCX folder, called MM-Lathe Rough.MCX

Thanks!