Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

entities that will not rotate

Jim Helberg

Hi,

I am trying to rotate a part, and when I do some of the entities do not rotate. I can not analyze these entities, and if i delete all entities, these entities that do not rotate are still there. Also screen statistics says "current Mastercam file has no entities" even though I can see them there. Mastercam X has also crashed 3 times trying to figure this out. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

if the file in it's current state is behaving like that, then in those type of cases i have had, you probably won't be able to do anything with those entities, and will sadly lose data.

but it's worth trying to 'save as' and see if some combination of old and new or 'saved as' will let you back in.

you can also send it to cnc and see if they can be of assistance.

quote:

but why not use a new view instead of rotating the geometry?

Often times when I get imported files from Solid Works and others, the geometry is usually 'out in left field' with relation to the Mastercam origin. I will usually rotate / translate the geometry until I get it oriented the way it will sit on the table with the xyz aligned the way I want it, then I save the file with that orientation. After that I simply change views, tplanes, cplanes, or wcs as needed. wink.gif

screen >> regenerate display list is working on the rotating and translating, but i need to do the regenerate display after every move or rotate.

I have had this problem 2 times before. This file is an iges file from Catia v4. Is this a problem with Mastercam X? I have never had issues with previous versions, and I work with imported geometry from many systems on a daily basis.

I need to rotate the part to compare with another part. For some reason their designer did not leave them in the same position.

Thanks for the help.

JimHelberg,

It sounds like we're deleting/moving entities but not erasing them. Can you reproduce it every time with this IGES file? can you send me ([email protected]) the file and short list of steps to reproduce it. Does it refuse to move only certain entity types? Only certain levels? What version of X are you running?