Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

hurco position blocks

ronm

Before purchasing mastercam a month ago, I programmed a Hurco VMX 64 conversationally. In the conrtols I was able to write a postion block, which put the table where ever i wanted, shut off the spindle, and waited for the cycle start button to be pushed before resumeing the program. Is there any way to do this in mastercam?

Reference position is on the front page of the tool parameters page.

using canned text, also on the front page you should be able to have the post processor insert the M00 automatically

OH BOY guys we gots a noobie here.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

The post that we use have been highly modified so I don't know if everyone does it this way or not but all of our post will post a MOO (program stop) when a manual entry is used and the "as comment" box is clicked Manually entries with the "as code" box clicked will post a M01 (as code) So just insert manual entries in between the toolpaths where you want the tool to stop. Ronm for several years before I started programing with Mastercam I programed Hurcos conversationly. I believe I am one of the few people who actually kinda liked programing and running Hurco's Everyone ones else who works with me doesn't like programing them.