Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolbars getting messed up

Thad

I always run MC in a maximized window. Sometimes I accidently click the restore down icon in the upper right corner of my MC session when I meant to click minimize. Since the window is now smaller, the toolbars get scrunched up in different locations in order to fit in the smaller window. Since I clicked this in error, I then maximize the window. My toolbars stay "messed up."

Is there a setting in config that will make the toolbars return to their original position? Reloading the toolbar state fixes it, but I was looking for something automatic.

Thad

drives me nuts too. yeah reloading the toolbar state is the only thing that I've found.

Why is mcx the only program I've used that does this? Maybe we need a poll started....

A) do you like your toolbars scrambled up upon resizing a window?

B) no, I prefer my toolbars NOT to be scrambed up upon a resizing.

biggrin.gif

can there be some kind of windows related macro that upon resizing the toolbar state gets automatically reloaded?

Go to the restore window size and stretch each corner of the window until its at full screen size. Then close it in that position. Now reopen and maximize the window. Now if you accidentally hit the restore button it will only restore down a very very small amount smile.gif

quote:

Simple answer.

Get rid of all the toolbars.

Add it to the RMB and then when it goes kablooey

it doesn't matter.

If I have to search through a large right click menu, I might as well search through the drop down menu. Besides, I'm not interested in adding additional unnecessary mouse clicks.

I like Jack's idea. wink.gif

Thad

"Unfortunately, it goes back to a small window when closing MC and re-starting."

Thad

Thad,

Stretch it then minimize it then restore it. Do not maximize it at any time before closing or it will not remember the size and position... You can maximize it after the restart. Give it a try

Jack

Weird... I just did it on my pc and it worked the 1st time. Did it a second time and it didnt work. I wonder if its something in MC thats telling it a size at start up? Most pc's running Windows will remember the size and position when dragging to resize and then restarting.