Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

okuma lb15 with OSP5000

bthomps5

bthomps5,

We have a LB15 from 1984 and those machines just run. The only thing we have done to it, is replace a drive board once and a light bulb. I,m sure MC will work very well, our machine has Okuma's IGF on this machine, so the operators do their own programming.

I used to run 2 LB-15's and 3 LB-35's and I really liked them. They are fast, reliable and easy to use and have a lot of nice features. I liked them better than the mazaks that i'm running now. I didn't use mastercam with the Okumas, but since I'm using mastercam with Mazaks, I would think it would work even better with Okuma since they use G-code and not mazatrol type programming.

I have two Lb15's where I work.

Mastercam can run these machines. The biggest problem is a post.

There is no Okuma Lathe post that will do Canned turning cycles and C-axis toolpaths.

You have to have 1 post for your turning ops and another post for your C-axis toolpaths. If you don't use canned cycles when turning then 1 post can do all you will need on these machines.

We have two lb15's, one 1420, and 0ne LC30. Plus we just got our first L370. We have had nothing but good luck with these lathes. I have ran alot of differnet machines and I would stick with okuma. They just keep running and running. You just need to spend some time on the post for the machines. The only thing that the two lb15s needed were to replace the spindle drive unit on one of them. But it was 18 years old.

I have 4 LNC8s with the 5020L, 6 L370s with the E100L and 1 LT-15M with the U100L

Okumas ROCK

The only real issue is the LAP / Mill-Turn post conflict as outlined by David but that isn't the end of the world. I don't know where you are physically located, but in New England Okuma is serviced by Robert E. Morris and they do a great job [not that the machines need much].

C

Bought the machine now learning how to use it , I am having trouble making the communications cable , pinout must be wrong, Machine alarms when i hook up the cable, does anyone have pinout that works on the okuma osp5000L-G controller, Great lathe from what i can tell so far, thanx to everyone for the info on this lathe