Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Here's a video suggestion for CNC Software

CNC software might want to give some serious consideration, if they are not already to doing what many other manufacturers have, offer certified video cards & video drivers.

Companies like Dassault, UGS and others do this already.

If you run a certified card and video driver combinamtion and have problems, they will support your issues and work with to find a resolution.

If you do not run a certified card/driver combo, you are pretty much on your own.

So many different combinations of hardware available, they cannot all be tested, narrow it down and many of these issues that ARE being experienced by many indivduals may well calm down.

+1 John

It would be a lot easier to get our owner to buy the right video card if mastercam just said "this is what you need". Right now I have to say, "I know it's invidia and cost a lot but it's not the right nvidia and that's why we are having problems."

yes great Idea...I just spent days going over all the post about video cards and what's good or bad.

It would've been nice to have a certified list to choose from......a time saver!

(we're purchasing 3 new pc's here)In the end I went with the Quadro fx 1400 PCIE 128mb. I bought 3 from tigerdirect for $449/ea.

In the end I could've gone up to the FX 1500 or FX 3400 if there was documentation stating all the facts. It's hard to justify the cost when all you can say is.....well....this is what most users recommend on the Mastercam users site.

Peter Scott and James Mayette also offered valuable insight into my choice....I thank them.

What if you run UGS and the Solidworks driver you now need to use is not certified?

This problem is NOT unique to just MCAM.

A certified card/driver lets everyone know what will work.

Right now on this box, I have NX2, NX3, SW2006, MC9, MCAMX all installed and used.

Here's the kicker.

on an :cough: ATi GL video card :cough:

The video driver I am using is the NX certified driver.