Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

another 5 ax post question

JG

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

It maps the axes to the Top View in the view matrix. As opposed to say Front View or Side View, etc...

Orthogonal PLanes???? :headscatch: Never heard of this in Machining. When you're programming in different planes, if you have the post configured correctly, you'll get the angular output you're loking for.

Jame,

what I meant was, does this allow arcs (g2,G3) when the axis are at odd angles, I have been playing around with the settings, and it seems to do that. I just have to figure out the "correct" settings for my situation.

thanks,

Jg

Some controls with allow you to define a non-otrhogonal plane and program to that plane using tradional G2-G3 arcs. It also makes it possible to

use G41-G42 cutter comp on planar 5 axis cuts.

Mastercam can post this stuff. I've never used it in a real world situation cause I've never programmed a 5X machine that can do it.

gcode,

that what I'm looking to do, I have the machine side of it, now I'm looking for the post side of it.

James, I can get this out of the Mpgen5x using a table/table combo, i need it on a head/head combo, thats one of the area's I'm looking to tweak.

thanks for the replies,

Jg

• 16 years later...

I have a related question:

for example, we have a table-table(C-A) 5axis cnc, and the spinldle is aligned in the Z axis.

In this case, for 2 & 3 axis operations, for output arcs with G2 and G3, on planar surfaces,
 Is it necessary to change the top-map value from zero?

25 minutes ago, amir_cnc said:

for example, we have a table-table(C-A) 5axis cnc, and the spinldle is aligned in the Z axis.

In this case, for 2 & 3 axis operations, for output arcs with G2 and G3, on planar surfaces,

also in TNC controllers (heidenhain machines) ,  for arcs, we need to add CYCLE 19 or not?

4 hours ago, amir_cnc said:

The Main WCS no if could stay in top if the parts are always moved to Top. With WCS we can just move Top/Top/Top to the part no matter where it is in model space. Then from there as we need the difference features on our parts machined we have a couple different options. The different methods to program the part on this machine are really unlimited. TNC Controls like many controls have the same power and capability to work in 3+2 and Full 5 Axis. The issue with some builders is their 3+2 support that I have not seen with TNC controls.

PLANE SPATIAL should really be considered over PLANE 19 because of different filtering and things the TNC controls do when running PLANE SPATIAL. Then from a WCS programming you make sure the post is setup correctly to Support a MAIN WCS for al Zero programming and then Plane positions back to that MAIN WCS. The post should then output al G2 and G3 command at each of those rotated plane when doing 3+2 programming. If not then need to get a hold of the Post Builder and use a TEST Block to prove out the post on the machine. I could write several Paragraphs about where and how to set the planes, but I have covered that many times over the years. Do a search for 3+2 and full 5 Axis programming.

Grievous and MKD know TNC Controls very well. Maybe one of them will have something different to offer.

Example Realted to this Topic here is a link to something Grievous posted up that might be helpful.

Here is a Youtube Video on PLANE SPATIAL

Great place to get manuals and information: Heidenhain Information

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1