Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multi edit

DavidB

I need to select 25 arcs all with the same Dia and color that I have as solid geom and change there Dia by .1mm.

Whats the best way?

I Anaylze Entities selct ALL Arcs and type in the new Dia but it only changed 1 arc?

I'm sure there was a Multi Edit function in V9

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve,

Subject: preselect, or not...

For now if you've not preselected your arcs, when you end General Selection (via Enter or the Green Ball icon) it executes the selected function and immeadiately exits.

This behavior will be changed in the next revision. Coming soon! smile.gif

It will work like Xform. If you do not have anything selected when you initiate the function it will immeadiatley prompt you to Select Arcs, before the dialog appears.

Also,

UnDo/ReDo will be supported.

Settings "memory" for the mode and value settings.

FYI...

A new version of Arc MultiEdit has been placed in the C-hooks folder on the forum FTP site.

This Mastercam X add-in allows you to alter the radius of multiple arcs using several different methods ->

> Radius

> Offset

> Scale

* PreSelection is supported.

* UnDo/ReDo is supported.

* The dialog recalls its previous state (position and settings) each time it is executed.

Roger,

Sorry to be a pest, but... If I use Arc MultiEdit to edit an arc and close, then reopen it to edit another arc, it will use the result as selected entities, even if I preselect another arc. If I use another function after running the C-Hook the first time, it will not use the result. Is this how you designed it to work?

• 3 months later...

If I use ArcMultiEdit and change a 2.0" circle that has a toolpath associated with it to 2.050, I'm finding that it still outputs to the NC file as if the circle is the original 2" size. The change doesn't show up as a dirty op in the ops manager either. Re-chaining the circles still cut them to the original size instead of the enlarged size. I analyzed the circles for diameter and they show 2.050, so ArcMultiEdit changed the size but I couldn't get the toolpath to change. I went back and changed them all using offset contour and rechained to get the results I wanted but I'm curious why I couldn't get the ArcMultiEdit feature to allow a toolpath change. I'm sure its a setting somewhere or something else I did wrong, but I can't find it?

Roger,

Try this please: Draw several circles, 2.0" dia. spaced 2.75 between. Then toolpath the circles, contour toolpath. I'm cutting .125 ABS. The holes are for gages (oil pressure, fuel level, etc.) Then ArcMultEdit the holes to something you can see easily, like 2.25 and see if the toolpath will show up dirty or if you can rechain and get it to cut at 2.25". The holes will resize but I can't get the toolpath to follow it, even if I rechain. That's why I think I must have a setting wrong somewhere.

I can get the toolpath to show dirty and regenerate correctly if I analyze entity properties and resize the holes there, but I have to edit the holes one at a time.

Thanks for your help.

The toolpath does not show up as 'dirty' after using Arc MultiEdit to alter an arc. (It was created as a geometry utility, with no thought to toolpaths. (I'll look into that).

Anyway, in the sample below...

The original toolpath was a contour path doing 2 same size circles. After I altered circle #1 in the toolpath using Arc MultiEdit, I then selected the oper. and re-gen'd the path. You can see that the 1st circle being contoured is now different than the 2nd one.

%

O0001

(PROGRAM NAME - T2 )

(DATE=DD-MM-YY - 18-09-06 TIME=HH:MM - 10:24 )

N100 G20

N102 G0 G17 G40 G49 G80 G90

( 1/2 FLAT ENDMILL TOOL - 239 DIA. OFF. - 239 LEN. - 239 DIA. - .5 )

N104 T239 M6

N106 G0 G90 G54 X0. Y.5 A0. S1069 M3

N108 G43 H239 Z.25

N110 Z.1

N112 G1 Z-.25 F6.42

N114 X-.5

N116 G3 X-1. Y0. R.5

N118 X1. R1.

N120 X-1. R1.

N122 X-.5 Y-.5 R.5

N124 G1 X0.

N126 Z-.15