Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multi edit

DavidB

quote:

Also, when I try to run X+, I get some error about recompiling--anyone else having issue with X+ setup sheets?

This one was covered only a week or so ago, a search should uncover yor answer

wink.gif

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Just unzipped latest version of Arc MultiEdit (Oct 20) into my recently installed (this morning) version of X2 and get following error when opening MX2--

"Error Report Dialogue: ERROR (L16,C:mcamxCHOOKSArc MultiEdit.ft): Unable to open resource module chooksArc MultiEdit.dll

Did you download the correct "Arc MultiEdit" for X2? It should be the download from the ftp://www.ppcadcam.com/Mastercam_forum/X2_Add_Ons/ folder not from the "Chook folder"

Heavy,

Make sure MC is looking to your X2 install folder...not the X install folder. (or whatever version you're running)

Taken from Bruce's error message...

quote:

Error Report Dialogue: ERROR (L16,C:
mcamx
CHOOKSArc MultiEdit.ft):

Thad

Just a guess Heavy but if you open an explorer window with the Multi edit file in them & go to Tools >> Folder Options >> View & make sure the "Hide extensions for known file types" is not checked I would bet you'd see the .ft file.

Your system may see an .ft file as a Paradox style sheet. Different programs may use the same extension for different purposes.I'm not sure that would cause any problems though, My PC "sees" my post files (.pst) as Office Outlook Data files.

HTH

David

quote:

These files from the forums FTP site...

Arc MultiEdit (X2).ZIP contains 3 files ->

Arc MultiEdit.DLL

Arc MultiEdit.TXT

Arc MultiEdit.FT

And Arc MultiEdit.ZIP contains the same 3 files, except that the DLL is complied for pre-X2 versions of X.

From Roger post (up a couple) looks like its already done.

Looks like Rogers already taken care of that. Its in the X2_Add_Ons folder ont the FTP.