Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

File not found.

AMC

I haven't spent alot of time trying to figure this one out because I really haven't been using much of X; but - when I navagate MasterCAMX to my MC9 folder to open a V9 file I get the message file not found.

I have found that in order to open a V9 File in X I must open the folder containing the V9 file and drag and drop it on my X Desktop Icon. not exactly a time saver.

Where whould I look to correct the "File not found error?"

I might decide to move up to X one day and I dont want to open files by dragging and dropping them.

quote:

does anyone know if it was fixed in MR1

This is not a known problem, AFAIK.

I suspect this might be a user issue.

Are the V9 files stored on a network or local drive?

AMC,Exodus

I have only seen this problem if I didn't have access to the drive I was trying to get the files from. Make sure you have rights to the folder your files are in.A good way to test this is to go to windows explorer and try to get to the file from there. If you can't you don't have access.

What I've seen happen when training new guys is that they open a new session of MC, File-Open and browse to the location of the file. The default file name in the open dialog box is T.MCX. They get to the location and forget to click the file to select it. Now when they click Open, MC is looking for a file called T.MCX, which doesn't exist, and they get the "File not found" error.

Possible?

Thad

I've also seen some similar issues in Windows XP when file extensions are not shown. You might try going into Control Panel, then open Folder Options. Go to the View tab and find "Hide extensions for known file types". Un-check this option so that it will show the file extensions.

If it still doesn't fix the issue you might try opening the Mastercam X utility, also found in Control Panel. There's a setting up at the top to switch to Standard Windows file open dialogs. This may also help, but you will lose the bitmap preview on files when switching to this.