Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Controller Catastrophe?

Phil Orenstein

Sorry, this is not an MC specific question, but I post MC code into Anilam conversational format to my Anilam 3300MK control on a Fryer Shop Mill, and I have been experiencing some very disappointing results from the Anilam as well as the Fryer. Today it crashed the tool right through part and almost into the bed below 'Part 0'. It was merely executing a simple contour toolpath with no lead-ins or outs, and with all Z moves above 'part 0'. Verification proved that it was not an MC or programmer fault.

Anyone have a clue? Or have you had similar catastrophes with Anilam?

Phil

Phil

I used to run a vertical mill that had been retrofitted with an Anilam Crusader control.

The control plugged into a 110 volt wall socket.

It was extremely sensitive to power surges.

Even minor voltage spike could cause the control to run for home or dive for China. I plugged the control into a good UPS/Surge protector and it solved the problem.

If your control plugs into a wall socket

get a surge protector/battery backup and make sure

that the plug still has a ground pin on it.

I don't know how many times I've seen guys jerk the grounding pin out of a 110V plug mad.gif

Another quick fix is to pull out each board in the control and reseat it.

I've owned one Anilame product. Never again!!!!!

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: gcode ]

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: gcode ]

Thanks for your responces. The Anilam Control is plugged into a 110V wall socket. I will try using a UPS/surge protector, as one of you suggested that the Anilam is sensitive to voltage spikes.

The post is an Anilam conversational post written by Mastercam. It converts G code into Anilam conversational format.

I believe that the machine has encoders on axes but with an optional Z axis extension quill with glass scales, which BTW, I rarely use.

Also, as for my program repeating the same problem, my boss told me to go ahead and rerun the program and they'll just patch the hole. So I shut down the machine and restarted it and re-homed, and re-ran the program and it completed perfectly.

Phil