Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCX for swiss type machines.

decoture

• 3 months later...

** Bump **

I am currently looking at having swiss capability by Dec06/Jan07, is there any word on where this stands?

We are still at V9.1 but the addition of Swiss Turn requirements means I have 3 choices.

1. Upgrade to MCX if Swiss capability is available.

2. Purchase something like Partmaker for Swiss only but stick with MC for everything else.

3. Purchase another package that will meet all of our needs including Swiss turn.

My search turned this thread up as the most recent so I was just wondering what the word is on the Mastercam street wink.gif

Please forgive my ignorance, but why are there no posts for Swiss type machines? I've briefly operated Cincoms in the past and thought that the +Z thing was unique to them only, but what are other problems? We've got a Cincom at work that no one knows how to program, and probably some day I'll have to play with it. Thanks.

Chris

Kunfuzed

My understanding is that X currently supports twin spindles but not as fully as needed for most of the more complex swiss turns.

The other systems I have seen support fully both spindles, and all the tool axis movements or spindle movements in the case of gang tooling including simultaneous work. The stock movement through te bushing is represented in simulation/verification as are the tool arrangements (gang, turret etc.).

Also the ability to synchronize simultaneous multi tool, main and subspindle work really requires additional facilities within the programming system. Although it is possible to work around this with misc. reals and custom posts to get the code you want, I thing you would have to run the code through a 3rd party Gcode verify to see anything close to true verification.

Several years ago CNC were going to release a product called MATTS that was going to support Swiss, but aparently resources were re-dedicated to X development.

This is just my understanding, someone else may want to chime in.

My guess is that now X is up and running, the old MATTS vision may lie in the future ... but of course that is just a guess wink.gif

• 2 years later...

Any progress on this so far?

One of our plants has Tsugami's (I believe they are Panthers) for their Pin & Shaft division and they have asked my help on future projects... their programmer is out on medical leave for Cancer frown.gif

What are the ins/outs for doing this in MC? I do not have the machine make/model or axis setup but I'm going to the plant tomorrow to look at it. I'd like to have a "heads up" before my head gets down.

Thanks,

Josh