Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

QUADRO FX 1400 PCI-E CONFIGURATION

First a little background...

We bought a new PC recently. Asus mobo, AMD 4400 dual core, 2GB memory.

Due to a misunderstanding with the local computer store we ended up with a BFG technologies Geforce 7900GT which performed overall quite well but due to a few minor display issues and the consensus on this forum about how great the Quadro line is we got the computer guy to get us the card we were supposed to have.

Quadro FX 1400 PCI-E.

Installed today. Updated the driver to the latest from Nvidia (84.26).

Just ran a couple quick tests. Verify looks good. Backplot has a strange new characteristic that I am not thrilled about.

When "stepping" through a backplot, the tool advances as long as you keep pressing the button but when the button is released it backs up a couple/few steps. Obviously this doesn't make the software unusable but I am not thrilled yet either...

Does anybody know if I can tweak this behavior away ?

The "disable front buffer" setting in Mastercam's config has no effect.

WOO HOO !

edmBosto you nailed it !

I *thought* that checking "disable front buffer" in the Mastercam config would eliminate the need to worry about that setting.

After trying your suggestion I found that this setting in Mastercam's config makes NO DIFFERENCE for this issue. Changing the "unified back/depth buffer" slider to "off" in the display properties made all the difference.

If you're ever in CT's "quiet corner" I owe you a brew ! cheers.gif

I am also using the latest nvidia driver (84.26) again and all seems well (in case a future reader is chasing this issue down).

I'm running 77.56 on both my machines now.

(One FX-300 AGP and one FX1400 PCiE)

Disabling Unified back/depth buffer in Performance and Quality Settings is a must.

I've only got one glitch left.

After extensive use of Single Step backplot, the tool will start backstepping after each foward step. This may happen once or twice a day after heavy backplot use.

The solution is to close Mastercam and reopen.

All I know is when I import saved operations from my saved library with my personal settings my backplot does weird things. But when I create it new with the original default settings my backplot seems to work fine.

I am just starting in wireX so I don't know if this is consistant. I had been using Mill 9 previuosly.

Seems this is a mastercam glitch to me.

Wow disabling back depth buffer decreased toolpath processing from 4+ minutes to 40 seconds.

I knew there was something wrong with that computer (870 Precision workstation Xeon) when a P4 (370 precision workstation) would beat it in processing 3d toolpaths. headscratch.gif

Thank you for the info.

I had a problem with all of my solids being the same color. They were suppose to be all different colors. If I would drag my mouse over the objects, they would show like they should. Then if I moved anything, they would all go back to the same color. I did excactly the opposite of you guys and then I checked use hardware acceleration. My color problem seems to be better. I haven't had much time to do any extensive backplotting. My verify looks like crap now! The background keeps changing colors & flashes alot. Are there any fixes to my color problem in verify?

Thanks

Leif